Ocean eyes

"I'm home!" Will yelled taking off his shoes. Confusion hit him as no one responded. By this time his mom should've gotten home. He rushed to the kitchen where he always knew she was.

There she was leaning against their kitchen island, her thumbs moved quickly as she looked at her phone distressed. The moment she looked up, Will knew he was in for a "treat"

"William Byers where in the absolute hell have you been?!" She yelled setting her phone down on the table which she was leaning on.

"I was at a friend's house" Will mumbled.

"A friend's house?! William it's 9:30 p.m. no friend of yours should be hanging out right now!" Will could see the red in his mom's face. He felt bad, she never got angry. That's what made this feel even worse.

"Sorry mom" he mumbled again.

"You're sorry?! I waited hours for you to come home! I even thought you were kidnapped. I really don't mind you being at a friends house but at least give a care to call or text me William! What is that stupid goddam phone for if you can't even use it the way it's used for!"

Will remained silent. He knew this was his fault. All those hours spent with Mike were great, too great that he forgot to text his mom where he was.

After a while his mom sighed. Without saying a word she stormed out of the kitchen. Leaving Will there by himself. He also sighed, and walked out of the kitchen.

Within seconds he crashed on his bed. Will snugged into his blanket and pillow which he forgot to put away this morning. After that it was all a blank.

Will woke up feeling better than usual. The sunlight crept through his window and shined softly on his face. It was Saturday after all. The best day of the week. He tip-toed out of bed, and entered his kitchen at the sound of his mom flipping pancakes.

"Good morning Willy?" His mom kissed him on the forehead.

"You're not mad?" Was the first thing he said which probably wasn't the best option.

"Every day is a new day, and besides you're growing up. It's easy to forget to call when you're busy doing all these great things." Joyce said flinging her pancakes on a plate.

"Thanks mom" he said blankly taking a bite of of a soft fresh pancake.

Jonathan had left for work 2 hours before He woke up according to his mom. Will sat at the table as his mom brought the plate of fresh pancakes and sat down next to him.

"I have to leave soon for work, but I thought that I'd make you something to eat before I go" Joyce said tapping the table with her fingers. Will nodded as he gobbled up the delicious breakfast.

"Did you and Max have fun last night?" She asked. Will swallowed hard while looking at her confused.

"You and you're friend didn't hang out last night? But I thought-"

"Oh that was a different friend" Will said. "I have more than one"

"Baby! That's great!" She lifted his bangs to give him another small kiss to which he looked slightly disgusted at.  "What's the name?"