17

"So why did you want to go to a bar today?" Renjun asked, sitting down next to me. Donghyuck sat down too, shrugging. "I'll tell you guys later." Donghyuck shrugged off the question. "Now I really wanna know." I commented, raising my brow at how calm Donghyuck was being. "Is something wrong?" Renjun asked. "Okay, okay. Honestly, I'm feeling kind of sad because i found out this morning that I got accepted at a really great school." Donghyuck explained. "Why would you be upset about that?" I asked, confused.

"I did want to go that school, but it's all the way in America." Donghuck had a sad look on his face, but the corner of his lips quickly upturned into his usual smile. "It's okay, you guys will visit me right?" My mouth felt dry from the news that one of my closest friends would be moving far away. I tried to cover up my sadness with a short laugh. "Sure. We'll miss you though." I added. "Yeah, we'll miss having you around Hyuck." Renjun said. 

Donghyuck smirked. "Don't get all sappy, I'm not leaving yet." I rolled my eyes at his quick change of expression. "Whatever, let's just order some drinks." We ended up talking until dinner time where we had to split ways, because my parents called and asked us to have dinner with them. "I'll see you back in Korea." Renjun gave Donghyuck a short hug before we waved goodbye. 

"I don't know why I'm so nervous to have dinner with your parents. It's not like it's the first time." Renjun sighed as we walked into our hotel room. He sat down on the edge of a bed, facing the big TV screen. "Don't worry. I won't let them do anything to you." My parents weren't exactly nice to my friends when they met them.

"You aren't too drunk now either right? Should I ask them to cancel the dinner?" I asked, checking his face to see how red he'd gotten from drinking. Renjun laughed softly. "I mostly only drank non-alcoholic things, because it was still the middle of the day." I nodded in understanding. "Oh, that's right." The room suddenly fell silent as if there was something we should say, but I couldn't think of what it was.

Before long, I realized that Renjun began speaking, his voice being picked up and flowing gently through my eardrums. "Jaemin, about this morning, are we going to date now?" Renjun looked at me expectantly, waiting for an answer. "Do you want to?" I asked in return, sitting next to him. I slid my hand over his, electricity running through my veins and my heartbeat increasing as the realization that we could finally be more than friends hit me.

Renjun thought about it for a few seconds before replying. "I think I would like that." Renjun answered. "Let's date then. Renjun will you be my boyfriend?" I caressed his cheek with my palm, staring into his dark orbs. "Sure." He answered, smiling. 

"Then is it okay for me to do this?" I closed the gap between us carefully, pressing our lips together. Our lips instantly molded together naturally. This time we kissed, it wasn't out of curiosity or because of a dare and it felt magical. Renjun twisted my hair around his fingers as we kissed while I brought my other hand down to his petite waist. I was drowned in the kiss, infatuated in the taste of Renjun's soft, sweet lips. The walls of the room around us slowly faded away until I was left alone with Renjun. The kiss was soft and delicate as if I was only gently brushing over clouds. I became weightless until I couldn't feel anything. My senses grew numb and my only focus was on Renjun. I just couldn't get enough of him. With each passing second, I felt the need to kiss him longer, hold him tighter, love him more than I already did. 

The feeling of his lips on mine, his fingers through my hair, our short breaths in sync, it was all something I never knew I needed, but as soon as I got a taste of it, I knew I would feel dry without it. We broke apart with one of my hands still holding onto Renjun's waist while the other hand was left on his cheek, my thumb brushing over his wet lips. We stared at eachother for a moment before Renjun giggled shyly and hid his face in the crook of my neck. The walls of the room around us seemed to come back 

I pulled his small body impossibly close, basking in the warm feeling of his embrace. "I love you." I whispered. "It's okay. You don't have to say it yet." I added, hoping Renjun wouldn't feel any pressure. "Thank you." Renjun murmured quietly, but just loud enough to be audible.

We arrived at the restaurant for dinner shortly before my parents did which gave us a few more minutes of alone time to appreciate the view of the water beneath the boat and enjoy each other's company before my parents arrived. The restaurant was on a boat with fancy white tablecloths and shiny wine glasses. 

"Should we sit down?" Renjun asked me after we took some pictures of the water infront of our reserved table. I nodded, taking his hand in mine, leading him to the table. We sat down and waited for my parents. They arrived a few minutes later and took a seat accross the table from Renjun and I.

"How was your day, Renjun?" My mother asked as waited for the appetizers to be brought to our table. "It was good." Renjun answered somewhat awkwardly. "What did you do?" Renjun cleared his throat before speaking again. "Jaemin and I went to see a friend and then we came back to the hotel and—" Renjun's eyes widened and he started choking. "Are you alright?" My father asked him. I patted his back gently until he stopped coughing. 

"And then we kissed." I wanted to say, but was unable to due to the situation. "Uhm, yes. Thanks. Anyways, we came back to the hotel and then we came here." Renjun recited as if he'd memorized a script. His cheeks were as red as tomatoes and you could still see the signs of slight embarrassment in the way he moved. "Jaemin, we were so excited about our son being a bachelor in Europe, but it seems like you didn't really meet anyone who interests you. Are you talking to anyone?" My father commented, leaving me with an unwanted feeling in the pit of my stomach. I sent Renjun a quick glance, feeling rather unsure about coming completely clean to my parents by coming out as gay and by exposing my new relationship with Renjun. My parents wouldn't say I was just confused right?

Renjun looked at me with a certain warning in his eyes. I cleared my throat before speaking. "I am talking to someone actually." I said, avoiding eye contact with my boyfriend. "Oh! That's good. When can we meet her?" My mother asked. Her face was lit up with excitement a bit of naivety in her sparkling eyes. Her fingers were even locked with my fathers as they shared their excitement.

"Well, uh, personally" I started, looking at Renjun cautiously. "I don't think they're ready for that yet and frankly, neither am I." I finished calmly. "Okay, but you know your mother and I would love to meet her. Plus, you've been single for so long, we'll welcome almost anyone into our family with open arms as long as you two are serious. There might be a problem though if your relationship becomes long distance." My mother nodded in agreement while I kind of tuned out of the conversation, too focused on how I would ever come out to them. "Having a long distance relationship is basically asking for communication problems." My mother sighed as if she'd had experience in a long distance relationship before. "I advise you to date someone who lives closer and just keep this girl as a summer fling while you're here. Since you're young, you might as well enjoy it." My father explained.

Renjun and I held hands under the table, both attempting to hide our nerves. Would my parents ever accept us? "What about you, Renjun? You're also a handsome, young man and according to what Jaemin's said about you;" Renjun raised a brow at this, looking at me from the corner of his eye. "you're supposedly very smart and excel in every subject." Renjun laughed awkwardly, waving one hand in front of his face. "I'm not that smart, but I do my best in school." I felt myself grow proud from having Renjun as my best friend to my boy friend. Such an amazing person somehow became the person that I was able to call mine.

The dinner continued smoothly and so we all said goodnight and went to our respective rooms. Renjun and I showered, getting in the same bed and holding eachother close just in case we might be dreaming and the world that we knew was actually a reality warped into something completely made up, solely from our imaginations like a lucid dream and the other would  slowly melt away like an icecream cone on a hot, summer day.

"I love being here with you." A sleepy Renjun mumbled. "I love being here with you too, baby." 

"Do you feel the love? Do you feel the love?"

Word count: 1595 words

Quick question! Should I write smut or not?