03 - bonfire

(chapter three)

     THE SOUNDS OF LOUD, DRUNK teenagers was one of Cassie's favorites

THE SOUNDS OF LOUD, DRUNK teenagers was one of Cassie's favorites. She loved the feeling of feeling free and dancing with people you wouldn't usually interact with. Cassie stood drinking and talking to this girl she knew from two summers ago.

"So what'd you say to him when he told you it was his sister?" Cassie chuckled at the story this girl, Nora, was telling her.

"I told the jackass, 'There's no way I just found you with your dick inside your sister.' and I walked out the door. I mean, how could he expect me to believe he and his sister are that close?" Nora took another sip from her drink and the girls laughed, Cassie felt great, the joint was hitting and this was her third beer.

"Oh my God, you have got to choose better men, seriously! Not that I'm one to talk," Cassie spoke, "I once went to this party with this guy I had a class with, and it turns out he didn't even know the people throwing it, or anyone going to it. He literally just drove down streets until he saw a party going on, how weird is that?"

Before Nora could respond, they heard yelling and all this commotion happening. "Oh, shit!" Cassie walked off without telling Nora bye and bent down next to Belly who lied face down in the sand. "Bells, are you okay?"

Belly ignored Cass' question and stood up, "I thought you hated the Red Sox."

"Uh, Belly, what are you doing?" Cassie asked, confused as to why Belly is talking to Conrad and his latest hook-up. Maybe she was jealous? I mean she and Belly were close, and Belly had always told her about her crush on Conrad. But Belly stopped talking about it freshman year, so Cassie thought it went away.

Ignoring the blonde once again, Belly stared at the girl in the cap. "Who are you?" Red Sox asked.

"Who are you?"

"Nicole. Conrad and I went to the Deb Ball together last summer."

Cassie ignored whatever Conrad said and downed her drink before walking away, she could honestly care less about whatever was happening over there.

CASSIE SIPPED HER DRINK AND was very drunk, she laughed at what Shayla and Steven were joking about, ignoring yells behind her. She was sure some stupid idiot was drunk and looking for a reason to fight.

"Is that Conrad?" Steven asked, Cassie turned and saw Belly getting off the ground and Conrad fighting some dude. She was a right, it was a stupid idiot looking for a fight.

"Oh, fuck," She voiced before hearing sirens.

Cassie took off, leaving Steven behind, she turned around to go grab him but he disappeared so she figured he ran somewhere. "Cass!" Jeremiah yelled, she looked over to see him help Conrad stand and she followed the boy. They made it to the car, while Jeremiah helped Conrad into the car, she couldn't decide if she should walk home.

"Ok, hop in guys." Jere spoke.

"Cam can give me a ride home. Right, Cam?" Belly told the boy at the same time Cassie said, "No, I'll just walk down the beach, it'll be fine." Conrad's eyes met Cassie's, he knew she didn't want in that car but it was late at night and the girl had a couple drinks in her.

"Belly, you're not getting in a car with a guy you just met." Jeremiah told the girl with a stern voice. "And Cass," His eyes meeting hers as his toned softened, "It's too late for you to walk home alone, especially drunk, I'll be careful, promise."

Cassie gave him a slight nod and got into the back of the car while Cam Cameron introduced himself. After Jeremiah and Cam debated, Cassie had enough, already feeling a headache, "Belly, just get in the damn car."

Cam told her about some whaling boat stuff and Cassie shut her eyes, trying to ease the headache. Belly got in the car and Jeremiah began to drive. "Fuck! Steven!" He turned to Belly, "Watch them, I'll be right back."

Cassie pulled her phone out, accidentally clicking the camera app instead of the game she wanted. Before she could click out of it, Conrad had snatched the phone out of her hands, "Give that back you fucker." She groaned.

He took a selfie on her phone and she scoffed, "Oh, sorry, did you want to be in it?" He gave her an annoyed look, "God, you are self-centered." He rolled his eyes but moved the phone so the camera had both of them in it. He kept his face blank while she flipped him off and he snapped the picture, then he clicked on a game and began to play.

"Conrad, hand it over or I swear to God-"

Before the girl could finish her sentence, there was a knock on Conrad's window, the police officer asked if they had been drinking and Cassie just stared at her lap.

We're fucked.

authors note

cassie and conrad >>

i need another opinion on this, does belly get on anyone else's nerves in the show like a lot or is it just me