08 - party

(chapter eight)

tw: sexual harassment/sexual assault

     DIFFERENT CONVERSATIONS happened as everyone enjoyed Belly's birthday dinner, Cassie sat in her usual seat across from Conrad and next to Belly. She felt his foot accidentally bump hers and tried not to dwell on if it meant something as Jeremiah began to speak. "So, Cam, you mind if I call you Cam Cameron?"

"Mm-hmm. Yeah, man. Feel free. That's funny." Cam said before he awkwardly chuckled and looked away from the boy.

"I'm glad you're here, Cameron. I know your mom, Denise, from the club. I have heard a lot about you." Susannah spoke up, Cassie leant over to the woman and whispered 'creepy,' earning an eye roll from Susannah and a chuckle from Conrad. Susannah gave the boy a look, she was surprised at how well they had been getting along recently and was hoping that this summer was the summer.

"Thank you so much for having me, Susannah. My mom says hi." Cam politely responded before turning his attention to Laurel who was offering him a Korean birthday tradition.

"Why don't you eat meat, Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah asked the boy, Cassie rolled her eyes playfully at Jeremiah knowing what he was doing.

"Uh, the meat industry is, like, the number one contributor to global warming." He replied, Jeremiah hummed before Cam continued. "And I just, I like animals."

"Just don't come for my leather jacket." Taylor remarked, looking at Belly.

"I'm pretty sure you mean pleather." Steven retorted, Taylor flipped him off as Jeremiah let out an 'ooh' and Cassie said, 'Sick burn, bro,' in an awful southern californian accent.

"You know, uh, actually, Belly eats meat. So you let her kiss you with those lips?" Jeremiah spoke up once again, Cassie lightly giggled before turning to see Belly's angry expression.

"No, I don't judge people for eating meat. It's just, like, a personal choice. I don't care."

"So you don't mind if, uh, like, her lips touch a dead animal, and then those dead animal lips touch your lips, right?" Jeremiah ranted while Cassie thought about how much of a menace he is before Belly kicked him, Cassie and her mother both gave each other a look of amusement, "Ow," Jeremiah muttered.

"I don't mind at all." He told the table, "Um, in fact..." He leaned over and pecked Belly while Cassie, Jeremiah, and Steven all began to pretend to vomit.

"Cassie!" Valerie exclaimed, "Don't be rude, Belly is allowed to kiss," She looked at Laurel for confirmation who nodded her head before adding her own comment.

"But that's it." Laurel lowered her voice and pointed her finger at Cam and Cassie laughed along with Laurel.

"Mom, please. No. You're so not funny. No more wine for you, okay?"