14 - love

(chapter fourteen)

     CASSIE SCREAMED AS BELLY splashed water into her face, causing her to retaliate and splash water back into hers

     CASSIE SCREAMED AS BELLY splashed water into her face, causing her to retaliate and splash water back into hers. The group laughed and continued splashing each other as Gigi came running down the dock, explaining that she was not going to pee on anyone if they got stung by a jellyfish.

"The other two girls missed out."

"I know. I figured Dara wouldn't, but Marissa?" Nicole told Taylor as Cassie realized those were the girls' names.

"Nicole?" Gigi shouted, "Conrad's texting you,"

Cassie ignored the jealous feeling burning in her chest and pushed it down before she leaned back and dipped her hair into the water. "I have to admit, I like you guys' friends." Taylor told them.

"I knew you would," Belly smugly said, Cassie chuckled before splashing some water in Nora's face who in return flipped her off.

"So, Bells, you and Jeremiah, huh?" Cassie smirked at her, "I can't believe you didn't tell me!" She splashed water into Belly's face also who laughed.

"I know! I'm sorry, but we haven't seen much of each other this summer,"

"Okay, let's change that,"

They smiled before Taylor inhaled a huge breath of air, "Hashtag Team Jellyfish-er. Jellyfisher."

"Oh, that's awful!" Nora exclaimed at the same time Belly said it was dumb.

"I don't know, I kinda like it," Cassie said before headlights shone on all their faces. "What the fuck?"

"I knew they were bitches!"

If Cassie wasn't so pissed right then, she would've laughed at Taylor immediately switching up, Taylor swam over to the dock and the three followed. "They took everything, except for someone's phone."

"What?" Cassie asked in confusion.

Taylor picked it up to see a text from Conrad and the three other girls pulled up beside her.

FROM: CONNIE
Come to my bedroom when you get home, we can talk ;)

Taylor read the text aloud, thinking it was Belly's phone. "Belly, why is Conrad texting you that?" She asked in confusion as Cassie and Nora gave each other worried looks.

"He's not, that's not my phone," She muttered with a solemn expression, Taylor and Belly turned and looked at Cassie.

"It's not what you guys think, he just wants to talk about what happened last night," She told them in a panic, meeting Belly's eye who looked pissed.

"What happened last night?" Belly asked her with a calm voice but her face was another story.

"N-nothing," Cassie did a nervous chuckle, Belly looking disappointed now. "It was just, just a kiss."