Chapter 15

Warning: Mature Language (cursing)

The guards led Killmonger through the cliff's halls and I followed them in a hurry. I looked back, taking a final glance at the scene that we were leaving behind the queen was no where insight but her wails rang throughout the place. the woman who had entered the challenge late and my sister where kneeling next to T'Challa. The woman stroked his head as he tried to regain his breath. I didn't know what was to happen to him because he was no longer king, but I didn't want him to die. There had been enough loss and pain for one day.

I looked forward to see the warriors leading Erik back inside the palace. He didn't look back at me as I called after him. We walked along the castle halls and finally the warriors stopped at a large pair of doors.

"My king, this will be your residence for tonight. The Master room will be prepared for you, and ready tomorrow." One of the warriors stated.

Another stepped forward "The Black Panther ceremony will take place tonight. We will notify you when it is ready, until then please rest" They all bowed slightly as two others opened the doors. Erik stepped into the room but when I tried to follow him I was met with a spear stopping me from going further. He looked back slightly not making eye contact with me but only looking at the warrior, he nodded, signifying that they could let me in. I pushed the spear aside and the heavy doors closed behind me leaving us both in silence.

In opposition to the previous room the bed faced the grand windows which scaled from the ceiling to the floor. The walls were decorated with priceless pieces of art. The sun was nearly down but peaked through the clouds leaving the room in a soft yellow and orange light. Erik stepped towards the windows and looked outside, still not looking at me. 

"Erik?" I said softly hoping to get some reaction or attention form him.

He didn't respond. 

I approached him, "Erik, please"

I stood behind him our reflections stood softly in the windows "Please" I whispered

I raised my hand and delicately touched his shoulder, only to that did he respond.

He turned around sharply. "Do you have any idea what you just did? "

I stood my ground "I saved a man's life"

"Yeah! The son of my father's murderer. He needed to pay, I've been waiting my whole life for this and you suddenly decide to intervene"

"He had no play in your fathers death, he's an innocent man that shouldn't be held to pay for his father's crimes."

"He's useless! He's sitting on a mountain of vibranium, mining that shit everyday yet refuses to deploy the necessary weapons to save our people, to help them. You think that's a man worth saving Tamala?"

"He was just trying to protect his country, and, yes Erik, I don't agree with it, but he shouldn't have to die over it. You're king now, you have the power to create change, that's what matters."

He scoffed and moved away walking along the windows.

I spoke loudly after him "I wasn't the only one who stopped his death you know"

He stopped and turned around slightly. I continued "You decided to stop and let him consider the possibility of yielding. Once he had, you let him go. In that moment of silence you could have killed him but you didn't"

He stormed across the room towards me again and grabbed me by the throat pushing me against the wall. The force wasn't enough to hurt but enough to stop me form being able to move. 

"Don't you dare say that shit, you hear me? I wanted him dead. And you came in between that."

"Shuri pleaded for me to do something, Erik. I looked into my sister's eyes for the first time in 12 years and she asked for my help. What was I supposed to do?"