8. Farewell

A cool looking robot toy rests on Jamie's bedside table, as the little boy is fast asleep in bed with a smile across his face.

"Left central incisor, knocked out in a freak sledding accident. I wonder how that could have happened, Jack?"

"Kids, huh?" Jack laughs as he looks at Jamie's drawing of himself during the snowball fight on the wall. He's midair, blasting his friends with snowballs. He smiles and then turns to Tooth.

He watches as Tooth reaches under the pillow. She hovers over Jamie as he stirs in his sleep. A dreamy smile comes over her as she gazes down at the sleeping boy. "This was always the part I liked most - seeing the kids. Why did I ever stop doing this?"

"It's a little different up close, huh?" Tooth gives him a look: he's right.

"Thanks for being here, Jack. I wish I had known about your memories, I could've helped you." Says the fairy, keeping her hand on Jacks shoulder, comforting him.

"Yeah, well, look let's just get you taken care of. Then, we can look for Adora. Then it's Pitch's turn." He smirks at Tooth, as she smiles at him.

"You really do know Adora, don't you." She tells the teenager. Jack shrugs and smirks. "She was there when no one else was...she was the first one to believe in me. She's my best friend...that's why I'm going to help her after we help you." Jack tells Tooth who sighs.

"Jack, I know Adora, she won't want your help...she's refused all of our help. You can't give help to those who don't want it." She advises him, but before Jack was about to open his mouth, a sudden commotion comes from the window.

"Here you are!" North exclaims, carrying a large sack over his shoulder, struggling to climb in through the small window. Sandman and Baby Tooth float in after.

"SSHHHHHHHH!!" Tooth whispers loudly.

"Oh, what gives slowpokes!? How you feeling,
Toothy?" North smirks, watching Tooth get excited.

"Believed in!" She smiles at North, who quietly laughs in response.

"Haha! That's what I want to hear-"

"Oh I see how it is..." Bunny mutters as he comes in through a rabbit hole in the floorboards. "All working together, to make sure the rabbit gets last place." He says, his voice getting louder. North now holds his index fingers up to his lips. "SSSHHHHH!!!" Bunny responds to putting his paws up, gesturing for North to calm down.

"You think I need help to beat a bunny? Check it out, Peter Cottontail." Jack lifts up his small sack of teeth.

"You call that a bag of choppers?" Bunny begins to mock him, and smirks as he lifts a slightly larger sack. "Now that's a bag of choppers."

"Gentlemen! Gentlemen!" The big man shoves the two boys aside. "This is about Tooth, it's not a competition! But if it was-" He slams his massive sack full of teeth on to a nearby table.
"I win. YEEEEEHAAAHH!" He then continues to jump around the room when suddenly a bright circle of light is cast on the Guardians.
"Oh no..." North mutters to himself as a young child gasps.

"Santa Claus?" They all turn slowly to see Jamie sitting up in bed, holding a flashlight, wide awake and beaming in disbelief.
"The Easter Bunny?...Sandman?...The Tooth Fairy! I knew you'd come!"

"Surprise!" She giggles and smiles at the boy.
"We came!" The fairy continues to laugh.

"He can see us?" Jack says, in disbelief. Jamie looks around, amazed, he sees everyone but Jack.

"Most of us." Bunny tells Jack as the teenager's head falls in disappointment.

"Shhh! You guys, he's still awake." Tooth points towards Jamie.