Chapter Eight

There's just something in you that I'm afraid to lose because I know I'll never find it in anyone else.

________________________________________________________

"So, the trap is finished?" I asked the hologram of Erin. "Yes, and Mr. Stark says I'm never allowed back into his house, any chance you can pick me up?" Erin smiled me and gave me puppy eyes. "Erin, what did you do?!" I asked them. "I built a couple suits inspired by him and they were tending to his every need, and it annoyed him so much he had his suits destroy my suits and kicked me out." Erin smiled sadly. 

I pinched the bride of my nose and sighed. "Okay, we'll be on our way. Be ready with the trap, we can't waste time." Erin nodded at me, and I stopped the hologram call. "Are you ready?" I looked at Natasha, she was already looking at me. "Natasha?" I smiled at her. "Hmm?" 

"Are you ready to go get the trap for Loki?" I asked and she nodded. "Come on pretty girl." I grabbed her hand, and we left the safehouse. Everything we truly needed was left on the plane so the things at the safehouse could stay there for whoever was to stay there next.

With the day we stayed here I learned exactly where Loki was staying, he found himself ways into staying at an expensive hotel and has been shapeshifting to keep himself under the radar. Except his intelligence isn't matched with mine. 

Erin and Thor had the weapon in hands as Natasha lowered the jet to the landing zone of the compound. "I'll be assisting, he is my brother after all." Thor stepped into the jet, and I rolled my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I know Loki is adopted and that doesn't make him any less family to the Odinson line, but I have never once heard good things about the way Odin and Thor treated Loki, he was always an outcast. 

Another trip back to Texas, we started to devise a plan. 

There's no way to bait Loki out, Erin needs to get the weapon Loki stole, I need to use the trap to catch Loki and things would be better if we caught Loki off guard. I had called the Twins and Soldiers for help so they're on their way here. 

"It's designed to only work for Y/n, she has to be the one to use it." Erin handed me the weapon and told me to try it on Thor. This is going to feel great, for me at least. I pressed a button and then pulled the lever and a mint green color shot out of it and hit Thor. He immediately froze as green chains wrapped around him. 

"Had to make the color green, didn't you Erin?" I looked at Erin to see them rubbing the back of their neck. "It had to match him." They said with a little smile. "We're ready, we just need to figure out where he will be and hopefully not draw too much attention to the situation. 

I glanced at Natasha; she's just staring at the ground with a cold expression, and it seems like Erin noticed it since he gave me a look of 'is she okay'. "Romanoff, can I speak with you alone?" I hid my worry for her but tilted my head in question. She nodded her head so I handed the weapon back to Erin so they can undo the trap on Thor.

Me and Natasha went into another room. "Tasha, I'm not sure I'll be able to come back after I take Loki to my planet. I'll ask Thales if I can, but If I can't then whenever you see this white raven," I held my hand out and the bird appeared in my hand. 

Natasha eyes lit up as the bird I held in my hand flew to sit on her shoulder

Natasha eyes lit up as the bird I held in my hand flew to sit on her shoulder. "Her name is Ghost. If I can't come back to you then she will. She won't need to food, or a bed, or anything else. She just needs you. I just need you" Natashas eyes started to fill with tears, so I quickly wrapped my arms around her, and the bird disappeared. 

"I'm so sorry Nat." I bit my lip to retrain myself from crying. "We'll meet again, some sunny day." I rubbed her back in soothing circles as her tears dampened the sleeve of my shirt. I pulled back and wiped off her tears. "What about this... Tonight, we take a trip to Paris. I'll take you on a real data, and then we can go to a beach and watch the sun rise." I looked at her eyes hoping to see a glimmer of hope or happiness, but they looked so broken. 

"Okay. The entire night, just us." She nodded her head. "Cheer up, love. Let's go back in there and take on the world." I kissed her forehead and led her back out to the main room where Thor and Erin were making small talk. "We leave as soon as everyone gets here." Natasha mumbled. "Yes ma'am." I nodded at her. She smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder.

This is going to hurt...

(~ 11/9/2022 -- Wordcount 870 ~)

First off, does anyone request smut in the date chapter????????? If no one answers before December I will have to decide on my own.

Now, I know this is long past due and also very short, I just really wanted to save the date for an entire chapter. But! This story should be coming to an ending soon! It won't exactly be a sad ending, I'm not sure how the vibe will go but it's an ending, nonetheless. 

I have eighteen stories that can be started next, but currently after this book is complete, I will be working on a rewrite of an old book of mine. But thank you for reading!!