Chapter 2

Adrian

  "You will have a new Administrative Assistant joining you on Monday"

  My managers words echoed in my head like haunted roses.

  Marshall has always been kind, but when it came to opinions, he couldn't give a flying fuck on that.

  He said what he had to say, then left like nothing happened.

  It has been years since I've had a new Administrative Assistant. The last one I had was a traumatizing experience.

  I was excited yet nervous to meet them. I always had a picky and judgy opinion on people, and I doubt it would change for the new assistant.

  I closed my laptop and checked my phone.

  5:32 pm
Friday, October 15

  I was supposed to get off of work at 5:00 pm sharp, but I had to extend my shift to make up for the time I was gone from the office to go back to my grandmothers mansion.

  I opened social media and liked some photos. I laughed at a video of a little boy playing with a dog, checked my surroundings at a video of a man exploring a haunted church and finally I came across it.

  The photo of the woman who I almost killed. Who also almost killed me.

  I checked the account.

  @dahliadenoiree
  737k followers, 987 posts

  I paused, taking in the sight of the woman below me. I scrolled through her photos, my cock hardening at the sight of her in a bikini.

  This isn't normal. It isn't normal to feel an attraction towards someone who almost killed you. But oh how life changes.

  I scrolled until I reached the date I was looking for. The date where it all took place.

dahliadenoiree: my fav dress from @revolve ad <3
  June 3, 2019

  She looked so innocent and normal, but I knew under all those layers, there was a dazzling light she possessed that would manipulate any man into doing anything she wanted.