Chapter 4

Dahlia

You've got to be kidding me.

I was going on a 3 day vacation in a hotel near me, and I checked who my roommate was gonna be.

I couldn't afford having a private room, so I opted for the roommate room.

I stared and wasn't sure if I was seeing it correctly.

Your roommate will be Adrian Tang. You can come and settle on October 18.

I checked the date.

7:54 pm
October 17

I wanted to kill myself. Tomorrow I had to go to my hotel and room with fucking Adrian Tang. The weird guy who keeps staring at me. If only my life could get any worse than this.

I forced a smile when I saw my dad give me a concerning stare.

"Hey dad. Should we go out for icecream?"

Growing up, my dad and I always went out for icecream. I would get 2 scoops of chocolate and 2 scoops of strawberry, and he would get 2 scoops of banana and 1 scoop of strawberry.

It was like our little tradition. We did this weekly and after 26 years, we still went out for icecream.

He smiled a genuine smile and grabbed his keys. I grabbed my purse and phone and we went to his car.

It was a Red Honda that he bought 7 years ago. It still worked as new.

On our way to the icecream shop, I couldn't stop thinking of Adrian. How did I end up rooming with him? How did he know which hotel I was going to? Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

Once we arrived at the icecream shop, my dad stayed in the car and I went to order.

It was then that I saw him.

I stared at the male standing infront of the cashier, who was also staring back at me.

Black hair. Hazel eyes. Pink lips.

Adrian Tang.

He worked at this icecream shop?

I forced a smile as I took slow steps toward the counter. I ordered my usual order and stared at Adrian. He stared back.

He excused himself to go out for a walk and I followed behind him.

Once we went out the back door, he stared at me like he knew what I was thinking.

"No, I did not know you were gonna be my roommate either. Yes, I work at this icecream shop. I've been working here for 2 years. You never saw me before because I always had day shifts and you mostly came at nighttime. But I switched shifts with one of my coworkers today, and that is how you saw me"

"It couldn't have been a coincidence," I whispered angrily. There was absolutely no way I was sleeping in the same room as Adrian Tang.

He must've noticed my anger because he responded with the same level of angerness as I did.

"How is that my fault? I can't control who I sleep with"

I stared at him in horror. I knew he didn't mean it that way, but would we actually have sex?

I mean, I knew I wanted to fuck him but what if he didn't have feelings for me? What if he just hated me?

And as my dad drove us home, I couldn't stop thinking about all the possibilities.