Prologue

I had a thought. I questioned myself constantly, yet an answer never seemed to surface that appeased everyone.

I will say that properly, it should have been a statement and never a question; I knew the stipulations behind asking such a question. However, I wanted to change it. I wanted to change that question to a fact. I knew the right answer, I held no thought towards people who could disagree with me.

People are not equal.

It is a statement that I will utter, a passing thought when I stare at a mirror and when my gaze lands on others. Nobody should be equal in this world, it's simple to say that; in fact the thought process behind it was much more complex.

Nobody is equal in wealth, nobody is equal in ability and no one is equal in achievement. There will always be a victor and the one defeated.

So my thoughts can seep out, I can constantly speak my mind on a matter when needed; I am so full of speculation and thinking that it seems like that is all I truly do. So if people say that society is unequal, if society can be made to be equal. I always tried to find a way to make a future where that ideal could be realised.

Fortunately, I don't want humans to be equal. It is unneeded, I could always agree to a person being at the top and another at the bottom. It's my comfort zone to be proven as the best, I won't shy away and deny it; there would no point in sugarcoating my thoughts.

That was my thought process, yet the feelings I had about being at the top were inconsistent. I didn't use my own ideology to get to the top, I used someone else's and that made me see the top as a lonesome place.

I am even inconsistent in my thoughts, my narration seems to have reached a standstill and frankly I don't find that pleasing.

I want a future where equality can be achieved, but I know that equality in itself is unneeded. So my thoughts will be inconsistent to the end, I am no great philosopher but I have prided myself on being able to find an answer to most of my thoughts. 

Yet, this agonising appeal to my senses shook me. I was vulnerable to my own pit of self pity. My own thoughts were intrusive and I don't know why I achieved this outcome.

I definitely know, yet I tried to refuse to accept it. I wanted to be complacent and not a mere cog to that machine. That place transformed me into this, my own thoughts weren't even mine anymore. The ideology I had, a twisted version from that place.

People are not equal, I was born in that place whilst the others were born elsewhere. I had to kill whilst most didn't. I had to fight whilst others lived.

I feel like inequality at times can strengthen people, they can lift the peoples minds to rebel and grow stronger.

We need inequality, but we suffer for having it.

My thoughts were severely mundane, too much for waiting at a bus stop. I was standing at the bus shelter with an entourage of people. Girls and boys alike met my gaze.

One boy in particular after I had stopped my train of thought peaked my interest. He was flippantly brushing his hair with a brush, his hands fully occupied with a mirror on one hand which he used to inspect himself; whilst the other was used to comb his hair.

I thought about approaching him to converse, to stave off my boredom and to also steer away from the thoughts I had earlier. However, the realisation that my social skills and ability to keep up a conversation was totally lacking made me refrain from striking up a conversation.

"Hahh..." I sighed before straightening up.

The bus had arrived shortly after and the doors opened, the students around me began to get on the bus and I followed suit.

Before I stepped in a thought inserted itself into my brain. I breathed in and then exhaled as I put my foot on the first step since I knew where this bus was bringing me.

I had a hope that I can enjoy being a high school student. However long it can last for.
_________________________________________

A/N

This is a rewrite for Crystalcursed Fanfic cold eyes and I am so happy that he has let me do this. Hope you guys like the introduction chapter to this and well, if you have read the original then I hope you can expect the better from here on out. Have a blessed day.

Thanks for reading.

797 words