Chapter 8: Midterms (Part 2)

I couldn't believe what she just said, I was at risk of being expelled. I don't deserve this, I am as great as they come. I was sure I was smarter than everyone else here, she must be bluffing.

I don't have a rational reaction right now, everyone including myself were unable to control themselves. It was crazy but I knew that they deserved it. I don't belong in this class that was full of mongrels.

Those at the top definitely got lucky, I just didn't care enough to take this quiz seriously. But now I know, next time I will have to take it seriously.

I looked over at my friends and they too were shocked, knowing that we might be expelled in the midterms must have made them want to study even more.

"Who even needs study anyways? We'll pass just fine." I thought.

The class was still in chaos after the news, it didn't seem to settle down soon and I know that I: Yamauchi Haruki won't need to worry. I will ace this exam easily.
_______________________________________

I glanced at Horikita, she showed off an irritated expression. Once again she had fallen victim to senseis habits.

From what I have observed about her, she must be thinking about the future.

It wasn't an assertive guess, but from what I can tell she only valued people through intelligence and strength. Seeing the people here who can't even pass may have made her think that they were better leaving the class. That way of thinking was very flawed, it's completely disadvantageous to the person being judged.

Each person's usefulness differs. It was a simple fact and It is not possible for everyone to excel in every field. Human beings are meant to have flaws, that's the reason why flaws are to be expected in a defective class like ours. It would be more abundant compared to the rest.

Despite the chaos, it was Hirata who stood up to address the class; backing him was Kushida who alleviated the situation. A plan was proposed by them and they scheduled it, study groups that would ease us all into exam preparation.

Most of the students agreed to their proposal, it seemed like this would be heading into a good direction; but we hit three obstacles. Three students that throughout their time here have been gifted the label of the three idiots refused to comply. It seemed like they didn't want to study.

Even despite the class arguing for them, they didn't budge. Eventually, the whole thing had to be halted for now; class had to begin. Although, the earlier tension hadn't yet subsided.

Once again, another boring day of class for me. I was constantly sparing glances at people whilst simultaneously staring out the window. I didn't feel like working but, with me taking more and more notice towards Horikita. I understood how much she desired for me to work. Bringing these hopeless bunch up was surely going to be a challenge.

As slow as time went by, the day came to a close. I quickly packed my bags and I made my way to my dorm room. I seriously had nothing to do.

No one in my class talked to me, there were some interactions but not enough to warrant enough interest to stay engaged. Kushida sometimes was the one to openly interact with me, but other than her; no one bothered to show pity to the loner.

Although they were in another class, I was kind of happy for having Kamuro and Shiranami to talk to. It was a great turn from the first time I met Kamuro, she had become more laid back with me. Although there was still that scowl and mean talk from her.

Shiranami was a different case where she was uber-friendly towards me. She would talk and talk with no breaks, it was a given sign that she had grown comfortable around me; I felt happy that she could feel that way.