Chapter 4: The truth

I made my way to the class, the atmosphere of the school was reeking with tension. The early days of comfort were lost. I knew that when I turned on my phone.

The first of the month had arrived, what everyone was expecting would be an allotment of 100,000 points. We didn't get that, the number 0 appeared and I knew how menacing that number meant for us. The lavish spending days were over, everyone who had wasted away their money were now subject to bankruptcy.

As I ventured towards the class the students that met me on the way had downcast expressions. It was early but that mood was surely despondent. Their entire being was practically begging to not be here.

Eventually I arrived at the class, I walked to my desk and sat down. Turning my attention to what was happening on the outside of my window and tuning out any ramblings of my classmates.

"You seem calm for what has happened, aren't you worried about it?" My neighbour who would rarely speak to me had just commented on my state of mind.

I was calm, but for other reasons. She had eyed me, waiting for my response. I turned my gaze from the window to look at her, she with a straight faced rested her chin on her hand.

"It's not as if we can do anything about it, we just have to wait for what sensei says." I answered to which he nodded.

"I wonder, we were meant to receive these points monthly, to have none isn't right after what was promised to us." She continued, before she rolled her eyes.

"No kidding." I replied.

She turned her head away from me and I knew I had just killed the conversation. I wanted to curse myself for the lack in conversational skills.

Seeing that, I turned my line of sight away from her and looked out the window once again.

Eventually, the bell rang and Chabashira sensei strutted into the room. Her figure bouncing whilst her cleavage was showing the usual alluring sight.

She posted up on the podium and without a single word eyed us, the students quickly settled but the tense aura had increased upon her arrival. After a couple of seconds someone finally broke the ice.

"Sensei, we haven't received our points." Ike stated the elephant in the room.

"Is there something wrong?" His statement was quickly followed up by a question.

Yet, no reply came from the teacher. A response would suffice which could try and calm down the already agitated class. However, that expression she had was borderline cruel. She was grinning sadistically at us, a mocking grin that would cause others to squirm under it.

"You all seem to be in a bit of a bind... did none of you receive the allotment of points?" She spoke slowly and powerfully, letting the words seep into the classes psyche. 

The tension we had earlier increased tenfold, the class was agitated to the core; only one was the exception and that was Koenji who only had a smirk on his face.

"Let me get this straight for those who don't understand. You have not been allotted points because you don't deserve to be allotted points." She paused and pressed her hands on the podium, leaning forward in an imposing manner. "You get what you are worth, and you got nothing so what does that tell you?" She kept that grin, she was berating us; mocking us completely with a condescending tone.

"But sensei there has to have been a mistake because we got no points at all." Ike who was trying to deny her words spoke up. His words echoed the sentiments of my classmates.

"You really are an idiot." She narrowed her eyes at him. "Your worth is nothing, you are nothing so you get nothing." She emphasised that word, repeating with added venom each time.