3

It's Saturday morning, Jenna and I got up at 6am because we have a 7am appointment at Chloe's house. 
I've never been on a hike. My parents are not very athletic and I prefer to run. 
We got ready, we took a bag with water, food and our bathing suits. 
We are going to hike in the Santa Monica Mountains. We plan to hike for 3 hours, then set up camp near a river. 
When we arrive at Chloe's house, we are waiting for everyone. The last one to arrive is Tyler . He was so late that when we arrived at the Santa Monica Mountains, it was 10 am.
As planned, we walked for about 3 hours and landed at a river. The place is beautiful, the water is turquoise and there is even a waterfall. 
We have four tents: one for Tyler and Lali, one for Evan and Ava, one for Chloe and Aaron and one for Jenna and me.
Jenna and I are having a lot of trouble setting up the tent, so Aaron and Evan come over to help us. 
Tyler and Lali set up their tent 20 minutes ago and left the group.
When Lali and Tyler came back, the girls went for a swim and the boys went to get wood to build a fire.
After an hour, the girls had enough and went back to camp while I stayed. I was about to fall asleep when I felt a look on my face. I turned around and saw Tyler staring at me. 
He smiled and asked if he could join me.
I nodded and as he entered the water, Aaron and Evan came running and jumped in front of me.
I came out a few minutes later and joined the girls who were by the fire.
Jenna was away from the group, so I went up to her to ask if everything was going the way she wanted it to.

She said no, and I asked her why, she said:
 -When you were in the water earlier, I went for a walk and when I came back, I heard a conversation between Ava and Lali that didn't make me happy. 
- What did they say?
- Lali told Ava that she didn't like me, that she thought I was boring, small and immature and that I was too clingy. 
That's mean, I don't like Lali very much but this is even worse. 
I decide to pack up the tent, say goodbye to the group and turn back. 
 -And then, how will you go back? On foot?
This is Tyler talking and he is not wrong. We drove here and I can't turn back. 
-And besides, it's going to be dark soon, so if you want to turn back, fine, but let me come with you. 

By the time we leave, it's almost dark and we have three hours of walking to do before we can get back to the car and leave.

We walk for an hour and a half but have to stop because Jenna has twisted her ankle. 
Tyler suggests that we set up the tent here because we can't continue the hike in this case.
We set up the tent, Jenna and I sleep inside and Tyler outside. 

I wake up with a start because I hear footsteps outside. I look at my watch and it's 3:00. I decide to go outside to see what is going on because I can't get back to sleep anyway.
I walk outside and see Tyler. 
-Can't you sleep?
- You don't look like you can sleep either!
- Yes, but I was awakened by the sound of footsteps, your footsteps.

We don't talk for a while. We look at the sky when he says: 
Why did you want to leave?
- It is nothing. 
- I left with you, you could at least tell me why you left! 
- Jenna overhears a conversation between Ava and Lali that makes it clear they don't like her. 
Tyler sighs before speaking up 
- You know, Lali can seem mean sometimes, but she's not. She has her own way of thinking, but she doesn't hurt people on purpose. And I'm sure she didn't mean that about your sister.

As the sun rises, I am awakened by a hand shaking my arm, probably Jenna. I slowly open my eyes and fall on Tyler's face. I fell asleep on top of him and he has been trying to wake me up for five minutes. I awkwardly get up and go to the tent. 

Jenna's ankle is better, we pack up the tent and head back to the car.
We arrive at 11 o'clock and Tyler walks us home.
Jenna goes straight out while Tyler asks me to stay for 5 minutes. 
He tells me that I don't have to worry about Jenna and Lali, that he will talk to her and that everything will be fine. 

I tell him again goodbye and thank you for everything and I go home to take a nice hot bath.