Chapter 00: Parallel

??? PoV

"FIND IT HURRY! AFTER YEARS OF MOCKERY AND BEING CALLED A FREAK, WE HAVE FINALLY COME ACROSS PROOF!" A chubby looking man holding a gun yelled out.

From the bushes 5 other men holding the same gear emerged, one of them also has a camera strapped onto his head, while the other had flashlights on theirs.

"FINALLY A REAL CRYPTID!" Another man yelled out due to sheer happiness.

"Spread out, but in pairs, if you see something moving shoot it, don't give it a chance to run." The leader said as they all disbursed.

I stayed silent as 2 of them walked past the hollow tree I was hidden in, as they did I took a small gasp of air making sure that they were not going to hear.

"How did this happen... I isolated myself so I don't have to see others... why are people so persistent!?" I silently said as I clutched my head in fear.

'Do you want me to take over?' A voice from inside me called out, the voice sounded distorted and almost demonic... but it sounded worried for me.

"Thank you, but no need friend... this is my mess... I should get us out." I replied.

'It is not yours my friend... I was too greedy and hunted during a full moon no less... I lost control and that is when those troublesome humans showed up... I am sorry about our cave.' The voice said with a solemn tone.

"It was a simple cave friend, so need to be sorry." I said.

'... So what are we to do now?' The voice asked.

"What we are good at pal." I replied.

'... Running?' He asked.

"... Ok were 2nd at doing good at?" I said.

'... Hunting?' He replied.

"-sigh- I know your trying to lighten the mood here... but you KNOW what we have to do... right?" I said in a serious tone.

'... But what about your oath?' He asked.

"Before I made that oath... I promised my father something that I will always do first... you know what that is... right?" I asked.

'... Yes... we promised... to survive.' He said.

I then felt my arms and legs shift and were replaced by beast looking ones.

"I heard something, over by that tree, hurry!" I heard one of them call out.

Soon 4 of them were surrounding the tree I was hidden in.

"You think its up on the top? It's a very big tree." The man said.

No PoV

As the 6 men gathered around the tree, all of them had their gears pointed up the tree? Unaware that this was the last mistake they will make, the men were now beginning to inch closer and closer to the tree, each step feeling like a sack of bricks were being added to their back due to fear, but they pushed on, determined to make a name for themselves as the 'losers' who bagged a real monster.

But what they didn't know was that this little mystery tour of theirs... will be their last, from the inside of the hollow tree emerged a wolf-like fist that grabbed a man by the throat, it didn't give him time to beg as the beast crushed the mans neck, killing him instantly.

The hand let the man go and dropped him on the floor, his body flopping on the ground like a puppet.

Shocked at what happened the remaining men just stood at their places, silently looking at their friends dead corpse.