Chapter 03: No longer jobless

Lune PoV

"What... the... fudge?" Was all I was able to say as I stared at the massive gates in front of me, however the gate itself wasn't the reason for my amazement... but the words plastered upon it, on the gate, written in white and black letters were the words 'Dragon Stable' suddenly I saw a massive pink and white dragon fly by and land within the gate.

"Welcome to dragon stable!" Selen said as she ran in front of me.

"Dragon... stable?" I questioned.

"Yep, welcome to the dragon stable, a place where dragon trainers not only train dragons but where we also take care and heal them." Elira said.

"Excuse me... did I hear you correctly... did you just say... dragon trainers?" I asked.

"Yeah... oh right your from the mountains... you probably never heard of what all this means, well let me explain it, Dragon Trainers-like the name implies- are people -or other dragons- authorised and given permits to train dragons, after said training is over dragons along with their trainers compete in a competition called 'Dragon Races'." Selen explained.

"... Ok... wow... that sounds cool... so what exactly does the job entail?" I asked.

"I mean... I doubt you want me as a trainer, but if you just need me to lift dragon food, and pick up waste then I can probably do that." I added.

"Well that's part of what we DID have in mind." Elira said.

"Wait 'part of'... part of what?" I asked.

"Before we answer that, can we ask how much can you lift?" Selen asked me.

'How much can we lift again friend?' I asked my friend.

'Last I remember probably around 2 tons or so, give or take a few hundred pounds.' Ulf responded.

"Uhhh... probably 2 tons, give or take a few hundred pounds." I repeated.

"... THE F**K! WHY ARE YOU SO STRONG!?" Selen yelled in shock.

"I mean, I HAVE to be strong, if I wasn't then I would probably be have been killed already." I replied.

"Ok that's fair, now, why don't we head on in." Elira said as the gates began to open.

We were then greeted by the sight of a humans and other beings taking care of different types of dragons, some were feeding them, other were bathing them, while others were just simply laying under the sun with their dragons.

"This place isn't just a stable... isn't it?" I asked as we continued walking within the path.

"Yes... this place is also a sanctuary and a sort of hospital for dragons, you might not know this but not all dragons are powerful like Elira and I." Selen said.

"Wait... your both dragons?" I asked.

"Yep, I am a Sky dragon with dominion over night." Selen said as she took off her glove to reveal a draconic hand.

"I am only half-dragon though, so I am not as powerful as Elira." Selen said.

"And I am a Sky dragon as well, but I have dominion over the day, I am a full celestial sky dragon, while like Selen said she is half dragon, but the blood of a Celestial runs through her veins as well." Elira replied.

"So cool." I replied with sparkles in my eyes.

'Calm yourself friend.' Ulf responded.

"We're glad you think so." Selen responded.

"So do you both run this place?" I asked as I looked around like a kid in a candy store.

"Well, we help manage it, but this place is taken care of by our mom." Elira replied.