Wishing to See Him - Toshiro X Blind! Reader

It was a busy day today in Squad 10, and you knew how your Captain was on days like these. You could never see the look on his seemingly gorgeous face, but you felt his cold aura filling up the office. Not only that but his Lieutenant's cheerful and pleasant vibes were at odds with his own.

Ever since the incident around fifty years ago, you had been relying on your other four senses to help you find your way through the many obstacles in your life. You attended and graduated from the Shin'ō Academy despite being permanently blind in both eyes. You were placed in Squad 10 and started as a 19th seat. Lots of training and paperwork got you up to 5th seat, and you were proud to make such progress.

Due to your blindness, you never did much paperwork to help out Captain Hitsugaya, and that caused him more stress and you more guilt for not being able to help him when he needed it. Rangiku always left you two to work all day while she went drinking with her buddies, which was unacceptable for you and the Captain. You couldn't take the gruesome amounts of overdue work left by that sorry excuse for a Lieutenant.

As you were carefully walking around the corridors of Squad 10 barracks, you bumped into something squishy, and you were knocked down on your bottom.

"Oh, (Y/N)! Are you okay?!" A voice asked, and you immediately recognized who she was.

"Ugh, Rangiku. Sorry 'bout that," You said as you carefully stood back up.

"Where are you headed to?"

"Captain's office. I have to go do some paperwork as usual. You know that my blindness affects my productivity here in this Squad. The same can be said for your laziness, Lieutenant Slacker," You said rather bluntly.

"Oh, how mean! Always respect your superiors, young lady!" She pointed a finger at you while pouting.

"If you really are loyal to Captain Hitsugaya, then why don't you spend some time helping him fill out your paperwork while I get a well-deserved break? Huh? Will you break that drinking habit of yours for the sake of his mind?" You crossed your arms over your chest.

"I'm always by his side in battle! That's my way of helping him!" She countered.

"Is causing him a great deal of stress a way to express your loyalty? Perhaps you should work better on your duties as his Lieutenant. If you don't, I'll put you in a hell of a lot of misery, and I don't care if I'm inferior to you or not," You threatened, emitting a dark aura around yourself to show that you were not joking.

"Uh, excuse me! I have somewhere to be, so I'll see you later!" She flash-stepped away, and you grunted in frustration.

"That Rangiku," You muttered under your breath and continued to move around the barracks.

Even though you knew the layout of the barracks, you still couldn't get around without bumping into something or someone like you did earlier. It got quite embarrassing for you, but you were used to it. Luckily, there were people kind enough to help you navigate the place.

After finding the Captain's office, you knocked on the wooden door, and you heard someone's voice call out, "Come in."

You slid the door open and walked into the room carefully. "Good morning, Captain Hitsugaya," You greeted him.

"Good morning, 5th seat (L/N). What do you want?" He asked in his usual stoic voice.

"I came here to help you with paperwork," You answered.

"You don't have to do that. I can handle it on my own. Besides, you're blind, and I can't have you go through the trouble helping me."

"But Captain! It'll be a lot easier if you let me help! You just have to point out where I can sign on each document!"