His Only Special Friend - Valentine's Day Special

It was a normal day at the Soul Reaper Academy, and students couldn't take their eyes off the little boy as he walked in the hallway on his way to his next class. His spiky white hair and turquoise eyes were what made him the center of attention. His grumpy little face was something they feared along with his attitude. Although he never did anything to them, he still wondered if it was due to his appearance or personality. He tolerated every name his classmates called him. He never made any small talk with anyone and always sat at the back of the classroom like the introvert he was. He practiced what he learned in class by himself. No one was willing to work with him even if they had to. All of that made him colder and lonelier as time flied in his Academy days.

Until you came along.

"Toshiro!" He heard his name from behind, and he turned and saw you catching up to him. "How are you?"

"Fine," He simply replied, ignoring the wary stares others were giving him.

"Let's go to Soul Reaper history class together!" You suggested, closing your eyes and smiling.

The light shone through the windows and acted as a spotlight for Toshiro as he walked with you in the long hallway to the next class. As soon as both of you arrived at the right classroom, you took your seats and waited for class to start. You sat in front of Toshiro who was happy to have you around him every day as you were the first friend he made at the Academy. It had been three months since he met you. He could clearly remember the day you offered to become his friend after noticing the freakish behavior of other people around him. He was glad he met someone who didn't fear him, as his grandmother and Momo were the only ones he had in his life.

When your classmates took their seats, the teacher comes in and greets everyone with a bow. The class started with a warm-up and a brief review of yesterday's lesson. Then it got boring for everyone; your eyelids were drooping and a yawn escaped your mouth. You put an elbow on your desk and rested your head on your hand. The others did the same, trying to pay attention to the teacher as he was writing stuff on the big whiteboard in front of the class.

Toshiro however, was not paying any attention to the teacher or the board at all. He was staring at the (H/L) (H/C) hair of the person sitting in front of him. His only other friend who he had some sort of feelings for. He developed those kinds of feelings as he grew closer to you over the past three months. He was unsure of what it was, and he didn't want to tell Momo anything about it as she would only tease him and feed him useless info. He didn't feel like telling his grandmother either. The only person who could find the answer was himself.

When the teacher finished writing on the board, he began to elaborate on what he wrote. Toshiro's eyes were stuck on your cute appearance, and his ears didn't allow entry for the teacher's dull words. The feeling of his heart fluttering like a Hell Butterfly was something new to him. His mind began to conjure up vivid images of you and him having fun times, with your smile being the focus of each one of them.

Hours passed, and after his last class for the day ended, Toshiro was heading to the woods to practice his swordsmanship skills.

"Hey, Toshiro!" The sound of your cheerful voice caught his attention, and the boy turned around and gave you a tiny smile upon seeing you.

"Hey," He said.

"Do you want to practice together?" You asked.

"Sure."

Both of you got in a stance, wooden swords out and ready. After three seconds, Toshiro initiated the first move, jumping in and swinging his sword down to where your hand was holding your own. In response, you lifted your sword sideways to block his attack. He jumped back; your turn to attack. You ran and gave him three consecutive attacks, with him blocking them all. You increased the gap between you two, letting him take his turn. He swiftly swung his sword in a horizontal arc, and you blocked and launched a counterattack. He felt the impact through his blade, and he realized how much stronger you'd grown.