~5~

Y/N sat up and looked at the cap in her hand.
"Stylish and functional."
She put the cap back on her head and disappeared again, only to appear a few seconds later, the cap still on her head.

"How'd you do that?"
Asked Lizzy.
Y/N tapped the top of the cap once and became invisible.

"Woah! That's cool!"
I said, only hang listening as I couldn't really think of much other than the fact that Y/N was ok.

"Guys! Check this out!"
Exclaimed Berger.

We all turned to face him.
"AAAAHHHH!"

Standing there was a headless Berger, dancing to some weird music.

What the actual fuck?

"WHERE IS HIS HEAD???"
Yelled Lizzy.

"It's DJ Berger, the headless assassin comin' at you live!"

Came Berger's voice from somewhere else entirely.

"Berger?"
I asked as we all stood, confused, yet slightly amused by what was happening.

"Guys! Guys! Look over here!"

Is that- is that Berger's head-on a table?

We walked over to it.

"Oh, I look good today!"
Said Berger's disembodied head as we made our way over.

"How?"
Asked Lizzy.

"It's amazing! You put your head through one magic portal thingy-"

Berger's head slowly sort of melted into the table, presumably through the portal he was talking about and reappeared on his body as his arms lifted the weird metal plate off of his shoulders.
"And it comes out the other!"
He finished, moving the portal up and down, shifting parts of his head from one place to the other.

Lizzy filmed him and said
"Oh my gosh!"

Y/N started jumping up and down excitedly, she ran over to Berger and asked if she could take the portal thing.
Once she had it in her possession she started examining it.

"This thing is so interesting! It can control and warp space and time! This could do wonders for research about Spacial abilities! In fact, just by being here right now, it's morphing our spacial intelligence and spacial reasoning skills!"

She rambled on about the technological and scientific implications of the device, completely disregarding the fact that she had completely lost the rest of us after the first sentence she spoke.

I don't really care, I will try to catch up later for her sake, but I just love to see her so passionate about something. It makes me happy.

Lizzy and Berger looked at me, then at each other, knowing looks on their faces.

"What's got you smiling like that Kincaid?"
Asked Lizzy, nudging me.

"Or more accurately, who?"
Said Berger.

I realised that I must have been smiling, causing me to blush and causing Lizzy and Berger to adopt shit-eating grins.

"Fuck both of you." I mumbled.

Y/N placed the portal thing on the table and noticed something
"Ooh. What's this?"
She picked it up and upon doing so, it lit up and a weird noise and bright lights came from behind us.

What's happening?

We all turned around quickly surprised.

There was some kind of vehicle racing towards us.