~10~

(Guess who's back- back again)

"The Guard's on a mission in Japan, so it looks like we just missed him then."

Spoke Irons as he scrutinised every detail of a glowing blue map within The Guard's base.

He kept his eyes on the projected screens in awe.

"Let's get this object and get the heck out of here."
He said, finally taking his eyes off of the screen, looking around and putting his gun back inside his jacket.

Virginia reached forward, having just spotted something that Irons was too entranced to see.

She picked up the mug that Charlie had left on the deck, taking note of the contents inside.

"Um, looks like we got company."
She said, looking between the steaming mug and Irons.

He briefly took in the mug before looking back at the screen.

"Well, whoever it is, it's not him. They might be after the same thing we are though, so let's make sure they don't beat us to it."

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

"What are we gonna do?"
Y/N whispered as Berger took a panicked breath from his inhaler.

Berger looked at Y/N and hastily whispered

"I Have an idea- we hide until Charlie's dad gets back and saves us.-"

He then turned to me
"How long is he gone for again?"

"He said he could be a couple of days."
I replied, uncomfortably, beginning to panic.

"A couple as in two or a couple as in ten?"
Replied Berger, visibly becoming more frantic.

"A couple-"
I begin to reply but Berger talks over me.
"Because the human body can survive three days without water-"

"A Couple literally means two!"
I said, kinda starting to get annoyed.

"Guys, come on. Lizzie's up there and we gotta help her."
Cut in Y/N, still managing to be the only level-headed person in the situation.

"How? The only way out is the elevator."

Suddenly, I had an idea.
"The garage. That's where the camper van came out of there must be an exit right?"

Berger and I stopped for a minute- why, you may ask, did we do that? Well, I don't fucking know but let's get back to the story at hand.-
before I gestured in the direction of the campervan
"Let's go!"

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

Irons and Virginia remained standing in front of the projection of the source.

"Whoever's down here, we're gonna smoke 'em out."

He looked towards Virginia, then Jersey.
"You and Wisconsin sweep the perimeter.
Jersey, you and Hawaii set the signal jammer upstairs, make sure no one's hiding out up there and no one takes as much as a piss without talking to me first, you got that?"
Said Irons, deadly quiet.

Just as he finished his sentence, Hawaii came out of the bathroom, zipping up his trousers.

Irons stared blankly at Hawaii for a moment, adjusting his jaw.