~9~

"Move."
Whispered Irons, stepping forward, holding his gun in position, gesturing for the others to follow him.

Lizzie was wandering around the house, preparing for her date with headphones on, blasting music, completely oblivious to her surroundings, when Irons and his team burst through the door.

The team split up, searching the house for any potential occupants.

"Clear."
Said Wisconsin.

"Clear."
Said Hawaii.
"Smells good."
He added a second later.

The team continued searching the house to no avail.

"Feels like we're breaking into a Pottery Barn. What are we stealing, Irons?"
Said Wisconsin as another team member ripped apart a cushion and searched it.

"You'll know it when you see it."
Replied Irons.

Virginia lifted a lamp and inspected it.
"Huh. I have this lamp."

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

"I get why he couldn't tell the world about his secret identity. But... why couldn't he tell me? Am I that untrustable?"
I asked, lifting the now-fixed mug to my lips and taking a sip while Y/N played pool.

I took a minute before adding
"I definitely was in the fifth grade."

Y/N looked up from her game for a split second, then continued.

I took that as a sign.

"So you do remember."
I said.

Y/N looked back up at me, smiled softly and stopped her game, approaching me.

Once she was in front of me, she said
"It's forgotten."

What?
"B-but Robbie Fernandez's birthday party-
We-we almost kissed- then I- I chickened out! I told everyone you had bad breath- which by the way wasn't true- still isn't- the nickname mouldy mouth Y/N followed you around- that's why you left the country."

Y/N placed a hand on my shoulder.
"Charlie."
I looked at her face.
"We were in fifth grade. You panicked. That was three years ago, It doesn't matter.
All is forgiven."

She thought for a moment before adding
"And no, that's not why I left the country- My mums both got transferred, idiot."
She said, playfully, nudging me.

I grinned, internally jumping for joy.
She forgives me AND I'm not the reason she left the country!

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

Irons held the still-beeping tablet out in front of him.

"I'm getting an electromagnetic pulse from below the house..."

"We checked, there's no basement."
Virginia added, quickly, so Irons didn't get too carried away.

Suddenly, Hawaii popped his head into the room.

"Hey, you guys are gonna wanna check out this office. It has great feng shui and a secret elevator."

✩☆🪐☆✩

Irons and his crew stood in front of the open elevator that lead to the secret headquarters underneath the house- not that they knew that.

They all stood in total silence until Hawaii said

"Sick, right?"
Holding his closed hand out to Irons, waiting for a fist bump.
Once he realised he wasn't getting one, he dropped his arm, still smiling.

Irons scanned his surroundings, his eyes eventually landing on a framed picture of a man and a little kid smiling for the camera.

A look of recognition crossed his features.

"We are in the right place."
He said, not taking his eyes off the picture.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~Charlie POV~

Y/N and I whipped our heads towards the elevator as it dinged.

We slowly turned to look back at each other.

"Must be Lizzie?"
I asked said, not fully confident in my own words.

We slowly and carefully walked back into the main room and up to the control panel.

I gently placed my still steaming mug of coffee onto the panel,
(I don't know what's in there- if you do, please correct me.)
Then noticed something.
"When did Lizzy get a flashli—"
Y/N yanked me downwards so we were both crouching beside the panel.
—iight?"

Y/N looked at me seriously, whispering
"Something's wrong. We gotta move, come on."

Before turning away to move in the opposite direction, gesturing for me to follow.

I followed, fully trusting Y/N. Honestly, I'd trust her with my life- and no, that's not just my bias, she's genuinely brilliant at handling stressful situations- until they're over. Then she just completely mentally collapses. But I can handle that.- hey! as long as we don't die, I'm not complaining.

We eventually came across Berger, who was filming himself- touring the cave? Trying to sell it to a fake buyer? Honestly, I've given up trying to figure out how his mind works.

"And, uh, yeah, this is where the magic happens.- well, I don't really know what this room.."

Y/N cut him off by slapping her hand over his mouth, scaring him, causing him to scream.

"Shh! Okay, we gotta hide, there are people here with guns."
Said Y/N.

"THe MAfiA??"
Yelled Berger.

As you can see, we were doing a great job with the staying quiet.

"No. They look paramilitary to me."
Stated Y/N, still trying to remain calm and serious.

"How could you tell?"
I asked.
She turned to me and said

"Equipment. I saw a Sig Sauer MDX, Zev Dragonfly Glock 17, Plate Carriers and grenades."

I nodded my head, pretending to understand.
"Wow,"
I said.

"We gotta get Lizzy- oh my god Lizzy."
Y/N said in realisation.

✩☆🪐☆✩
~3rd Person POV~

Lizzy stood in front of the mirror, preparing for her dare to pick her up and take her to the school dance.

She wore a pair of pink-cat-ear headphones, talking to her date over the phone, whilst putting some earrings on.

"Mhhmm mhhm... Alright. Well, remember not to make a big deal when you get here, okay?"
She said, earnestly.