|Chapter 18: friends|

"Heart on your sleeve like you've never been loved" Friends by Chase Atlantic

Not much of a warning but you're gonna see the lyrics to the song Jaeyun wrote, just letting you know bc it's always awkward to read song lyrics without the music

Once you acknowledge an emotion, it becomes harder and harder to push it down until it doesn't exist anymore, Jaeyun knew that all too well, that's why she was glad that the last few days (and weeks) had been packed with filming and rehearsing. With all of the mess outside of her head, she could forget about the one on the inside.

None of the staff members had noticed the small scratches on her hand, and if they did, they just didn't say anything, which Jaeyun appreciated.

"How are you feeling?" Yua asked her as they were getting ready, fixing their outfits and putting on the head sets for the microphone.

"Nervous"

"How much?"

"Like... 8?"

"That's a lot"

"That's my life"

Yua grabbed her shoulders "they're gonna love it"

"How do you know?"

"Because the song is great" Yua said, like it was obvious "and because I really like it"

Jaeyun smiled at her "thanks"

They both walked towards the side of the stage, joining the rest of the members from their group after fixing their outfits for the third time.

"There's so many people" Jaeyun heard Nara say to Mari. Both girls had opened the curtains a little bit to take a peek of the fans.

"Let me see" Jaeyun whispered to the younger girl, signalling with her hand so she would move. Nara was right, there were lots of people.

They performed most of their tittle tracks, taking breaks in between to talk to their fans before backing away into backstage, another video of them starting to play on the big screen before the two younger members started performing a Stayc cover. Jaeyun couldn't feel prouder while watching them from behind the curtains. As she was backing away from them, a staff member approached her.

"Jaeyun, you have to start getting ready" the woman said, to which Jaeyun nodded and signalled Yua and Raon that she had to leave.

She had picked the outfit for this stage herself, and she really liked it. She had to wear a pink floral dress that reached her ankles, uncovered shoulders and puffy sleeves that covered half of her forearm and ended at her elbows.

She adjusted the dress as she walked up the stage, showing a big smile and waving at the fans while they clapped because of her entrance, quickly sitting down on the stool that had been set for her.

"Hello everyone" Jaeyun said, the fans cheering after she spoke "so, now I have a bit of a special stage for you guys" she fixed the microphone in front of her "I wrote this song a couple of months ago, I was going through some stuff and it really helped me through it" she looked down for a moment, making sure her hands were positioned on the guitar on the correct way, also to blink small tears away "I hope you like it"

She started playing the guitar, the soft thrums of it filling the room before her voice was heard.

[Verse 1]

It's weird how your voice makes me smile

The butterflies in my stomach

Or should I say killer bees?