|Chapter 21: if we have each other|

"So I'm thankful for my sister, even though sometimes we fight. When high school wasn't easy, she's the reason I survived. I know she'd never leave me and I hate to see her cry. So I wrote this verse to tell her that I'm always by her side" If we have each other by Alec Benjamin

Again, some thing from this chapter might not be as realistic to an idol life as always, but this is a fanfic, I'm the god. Also, whenever Nari and Jaeyun are speaking their dialogues are in italics (like this) bc they are speaking Spanish, just a little heads up.

"Should we go inside to wait for her?" Jaeyun asked, staring at the airport gate they were parked in front of and then looking at her watch "do you think the flight is delayed? She said it was supposed to arrive at-"

"It would be better to just wait here babe" Jay cut her off, already knowing that if her let her drift off with all of her anxiety questions it would be worse for her "and it's not 12 yet, I don't think her flight is delayed"

Jaeyun nodded and leaned back on her seat while sighing. She was a little bit more relaxed now, but her knee kept bouncing as she just stared at every person getting out of the airport.

They were parked outside near one of the many doors, she didn't wanna risk going inside and getting ambushed by fans or paparazzi while waiting for her sister to arrive, so both Jay and her were inside of the car with sunglasses on, waiting for Nari to text her when she was out.

Jay was worried too, not just for Jaeyun, but he was nervous over meeting Jaeyun's sister. Jaeyun always talked about her and Jay could tell they were close, and that not only Jaeyun admired her sister, but also that her sister really cared about her. Jay cared about Jaeyun too, that's why he was scared.

They had only been dating for like, what? Two months? Two months and a half? He didn't feel ready to tell her I love you but he was about to meet part of her family, what if her sister didn't like him?

"Okay, now you're worrying" Jaeyun said, turning towards him and holding his hand "what is it?"

"Nothing" he said, smiling shyly at her.

Jaeyun narrowed her eyes "if you think she's not gonna like you, you're wrong" Jaeyun said. Even though they hadn't been dating for long, she had always been good at reading him "and if she doesn't like you, she's not my sister anymore"

That made him laugh.

"I don't want to jeopardize your relationship with your sister just because she doesn't like me" he said, squeezing her hand and noticing a bunch of people were getting out of the airport.

"Seriously, if she doesn't like you that's her problem, not yours" Jaeyun kept rambling.

"Babe-"

"Like, what's there not to like about you-"

He grabbed her face to stop her from talking.

"I love when you complement me but I think your sister just texted you babe"

Jaeyun couldn't even remember what she was going to say, grabbing her phone on a swift motion and quickly unlocking it.

Nari: i just got out, where are you?

Jaeyun quickly texted her back.

Jaeyun: We're right outside the south gate

She glanced around, waiting to see her sister's familiar face.

"Is she out?"

"Yes" Jaeyun leaned to the side "I can't see her" she glanced back down to her phone and then again to the outside.