he gets a dog without telling you

You heard the front door open and Luke step inside.

"Y/n, I'm home," he says loudly. "Where are you, love?"

"I'm in the kitchen, bubba," you yell in response.

"Okay, close your eyes! I have a surprise!" he says as he approaches the kitchen.

"Why do I have to close my eyes?" you ask.

"Cause it's a surprise! Now close your eyes!" he responds, excitement in his voice. You close your eyes and cover them with your hands.

"Okay, my eyes are closed now," you tell him. You hear the floor creak softly under him as he moves towards you. You can feel his presence only a couple feet away from you when he next speaks.

"Okay, open!!" he says loudly, voice bursting with excitement. You open your eyes to look at him, when you see it. In his arms, he's holding a dog.

"A dog!?" you almost yell.

"Yeah, a dog!!" he says, smiling proudly.

"Luke, a dog?!" you question him.

"Don't be mad!" he says, sensing your growing anger.

"Luke!! We don't need a dog!!" you say loudly.

"I know, but look at her, isn't she just adorable?" he says, holding her out towards you slightly while looking at her adoringly.

"I-" you begin only to be cut off by the dog suddenly licking your face, causing Luke to laugh.

"I had to, y/n, she's been at the shelter for ages, if she wasn't adopted soon they were gonna put her to sleep! Look at her, I couldn't let them do that!!" he says, looking at you pleadingly. You couldn't help but smile at just how much he already cared about the dog.

"Alright, fine," you say, giving in. "We can keep her." Luke smiled hugely, pulling the dog into him, hugging her.

"Her name is Petunia, she's a bulldog," Luke says proudly, grinning at you.

You look at the dog. "Hi Petunia," you say petting her head.

"Petunia, say hi to mommy," Luke says, moving her closer to you, face filled with happiness and adoration.

"Did you get food and toys for her yet?" you ask. At this, Luke's eyes widen.

"Damn it! I knew I forgot something!" he exclaims, making you laugh.

"Did you at least get her a collar and name tags?" you ask.

He shakes his head, "No, I forgot those too. I guess I was just too excited for you to see her."

"Well, I guess we'll just have to go back out and get her all of that, won't we?" you say, reaching up and kissing Luke softly on the cheek, before going to put your shoes on.