you walk in on him while he's working

"Luke!" you called out while roaming around your house, in search of your boyfriend. You curse as you trip over a dog toy that has been conveniently laid in the middle of the floor, almost dropping the plate of cookies in your hand.

You come to the closed door to his at home studio/office, and, knowing that he's in there because the door was shut, you walk in.

"Luke, sweetheart," you say as you walk in the door. "I made cookies!" He looks up at you from the page of lyrics he's working on, and immediately smiles.

He turns in his chair, moving away from the desk some and holding his arms out in invitation. "Come here, love," he says to you, and you walk over to him. He scoots over in his chair some, making room for you to sit down.

"Did I interrupt you? I'm sorry," you begin as you sit down with him, half on the chair, half on his lap.

"No no, it's alright, baby. I was just about to take a break anyways," he says softly, wrapping his arms around you as you turn to face him.

"I made cookies," you tell him, smiling proudly. You were never very good at baking. "I didn't even burn them either." He teasingly faked a shocked expression at this, earning a glare from you.

"What?" he asked, laughing.

"You don't need to act so surprised," you responded, jokingly. "I'm not that bad at baking." He gave you a questioning look. "Okay, maybe the last batch of cookies were a little burned."

"A little?" he asked, teasingly, raising his eyebrows. "They came out black."

"Okay, they were not that burnt," you said exasperatedly.

"Whatever you say, love," he said, smiling sweetly at you.

He reached up to kiss you on the cheek, causing you to smile as well. He laughed softly, watching you with admiration in his eyes. As you looked back at him, you returned that same look. After a moment of the two of you just sitting there like this, he began to speak.

"Guess what I'm writing a song about," he sais softly, a huge smile overtaking his face.

"Hmm?" you confusedly hum in response.

"Guess, silly," he repeated, laughing a little. You playfully groaned in response, making him laugh more.

"Uhhhmm.... Is it about me?" you asked, looking up at him while waiting for a response. The smile on his face grew even bigger.

"Mhmm, how'd you know?" he asked, half jokingly, the smile on his face still as huge as ever.

"Cause you're always writing songs about me," you reply cheekily, making his cheeks turn slightly pinker in shade. You laugh softly, causing him to start laughing with you.

The two of you just sit there together in the chair for a good portion of the afternoon, exchanging playful banter and eating your miraculously unburnt cookies.