its your first anniversary together

You get out of your car and walk upthe path leading to the house. You just got home from getting groceries, feeling a little upset. Today was your's and Luke's first anniversary. You weren't married, but you've been together for a year now. You had a gift for him, but you didn't know how to give it to him, so you were waiting for him to bring it up. But he seemed to have forgotten, cause the day was now turning into evening and he still hasn't said anything about it.

As you approached the porch, you noticed something on the mat in front of the door. It was a singular rose, a dark red one. You picked it up and noticed there was a note attached to it. You pulled it off and read it.

I love your smile, it said. You smiled to yourself, from how sweet the gesture was. Maybe he didn't forget your anniversary. You opened the door and stepped inside, and immediately noticed the rose petals on the floor. They were leading a form of path through the house. You followed the path, being lead into the kitchen. You set your groceries down on the counter and saw what the path was leading to.

Sitting on the table at the end of the trail were two roses. You picked them up, and there was another note attached. You pulled the note off and read it.

I love your laugh, it said. You smiled even wider, noticing the path of rose petals begins again. You follow it, being lead out of the kitchen and back into the living room. Sure enough, sitting on the coffee table at the end of the path were three roses. You picked them up, sensing a pattern forming, and pulled the note off, reading it.

I love your eyes, it said. You continued following the path through the house, being lead into the downstairs bathroom. This time there were four roses. You searched for the note attached and read it.

I love your personality, it read. You continued along the path being lead into the guest bedroom. Sure enough, on the bed laid five dark red roses, with a note attached.

I love everything about you, it said. You followed the trail to the stairs, where on the steps laid a small bouquet of six roses. You took them and read the note.

I love you, it said. You followed the trail up the stairs and into the upstairs bathroom, where on the counter laid seven dark red roses. You picked them up, nowhavi g to carry all the roses in your arm, and read the note attached.

I always will love you, no matter what, it read. You oy started to feel a sense of anticipation, wondering what you'll find at the end. You followed the trail into the home studio Luke had made, and in the chair laid eight roses with a note. You picked them up and detached the note, reading it.

You mean the world to me, it read. You felt your heart swell a little more from each note, your smile growing more and more. You followed the path into the little makeshift library you made, and found nine roses sitting on one of the bean bag chairs. You picked them up, starting to feel overwhelmed by the amount of roses, and read the note.

You are my world, it said. You followed the trail into the bedroom, sensing this was the last stop, seeing as there was no trail leading out. When you stepped in, you noticed Luke sitting on the bed, holding another large bouquet of roses. You smiled at him, walking over to take the bouquet, he handed you it, taking the roses you had in your arms. You detached the last note and read it to yourself.

I promise I'll give you the world, it said. Attached to the note was a small ring. Not an engagement ring, but a promise ring. You pulled it off and looked at it. It was beautiful. The entire thing was. You looked at Luke, who was smiling at you, a smile filled with love and adoration. Your eyes started to tear up, and you sat down on the bed. Luke took the roses from you and the ones in his lap that you had collected and moved them aside. He scooted closer to you and wrapped his arms around you in a loving embrace. You leaned your head on his shoulder and looked up at him. He returned the look, smiling hugely at you.

"Was it a good surprise?" he asked, hoping you had liked it, and that it wasn't too much.

"This is the best, most sweetest thing anybody has every done for me. Thank you, Lukey, I love you," you responded, putting your hand on his cheek and pulling g him in for a small kiss. It was soft and gentle, and filled with love. When you both pulled back, he looked at you with concern again.

"Do you like the ring? I know it's not an engagement ring, I figured it'd be a bit early for that, so I got this instead," he said.

"I love it, its perfect," you said, making him smile.

"Not as perfect as you are," he responded, this time making you smile. You hugged him tightly as he kissed the top of your head. You spent the next hour in eachothers arms, cuddling and talking, before you gave him his gift and went to make dinner together. After that, you spent the remainder of the evening cuddling, watching aovie together, before you fell asleep in eachothers warm embraces.