you call him lucas

You and Luke both lay in bed, bored. You were snuggled up to his side, your head laying on his chest, with his arm around your shoulders. You were holding his other hand that wasn't around you, playing idly with his fingers.

"Luke." you said firmly.

"Yes, y/n?" he asked in response.

"Luke," you said firmly again.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing," you say. You paused for a moment. "Luke."

"Why do you keep saying my name?" he asked, confused.

"I dunno, it's just a nice name," you say in response. You pause again for a moment, before adding, "What does it mean?"

"Huh?" he asked.

"Your name. Luke. What does it mean?" you ask again.

"Oh, I dunno. I think light-giving or something, I've looked it up once. I'm pretty sure it's biblical or something like that," he said, trailing off. You smile slightly to yourself.

"Luke," you say again, softer this time. "Light-giving."

"Mhm," Luke says, smiling as well. You pause for a second.

"Lucas," you say, even softer. Luke lets out a very soft laugh.

"It's not Lucas, love. It's just Luke." he says in response, smiling even more.

"Lucas," you say again, more firm.

"Is that what you're gonna start calling me?' he asks.

"Yup," you say. "Lucas." He sighs contentedly in response, letting out another soft laugh.

"Lucas Hemmings," you say, adding a very slight emphasis on his last name.

"Y/n Hemmings," he says in response, adding a rather strong emphasis on his last name.

"That's not my name," you say back, letting out a soft laugh as you look up at him.

"And Lucas isn't mine," he responds, looking down at you. Your eyes meet, and he thinks for a second before adding, "It may not be your name yet, but it will be soon."

Your face turns a shade redder at this comment. You start to look away from him, but he puts his hand on your cheek, stopping you and turning your face to look back up at him. Your eyes meet again, and he smiles at you, and leans in. As your lips meet, you feel your cheeks start to burn. He kisses you softly, and you kiss him back.

You quickly come to the conclusion that, no matter how many times he kisses you, you'll still get flustered. That no matter how many times you look at him, you'll still become speechless. No matter how many times he speaks to you, you'll still get startled. No matter how long you'll know him, you'll always feel the same about him. He'll always make you feel the same way he did when you first met. You'll always love him.