36

the two Death Eaters moved quickly, blending into the shadows.

"it's alright," i whispered to Draco. "they won't hurt us."

i really hoped i could guarantee what i'd said.

i couldn't keep my eyes on both Death Eaters so i focused on the one that looked like it would go for me.

i didn't recognise the mask but that wasn't saying much.

i had only ever seen the Death Eaters unmasked.

Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me down, just as a bolt of blue light sparked off the wall behind us.

"don't you know who i am?!" i hated pulling that card, but i was going to have to. "i'm Lolita Riddle—Voldemort's daughter!"

they were either deaf or they simply didn't care.

"this is Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy's son, Draco!" i looked between them.

the Death Eaters really must have been deaf, because the one with their wand out gave it a flick and whispered a spell.

we were no longer in the circular room.

i was sat on a chair, bound by invisible chains.

Tom, Matteo, Draco and Pansy were there too.

the room we were in had a high ceiling and green lights.

we were positioned in front of a long table with high backed chairs and candles burning along it.

"we're in the other dining room." Tom's voice was low.

my blood ran cold. "Father's dining room?"

Tom nodded slowly.

"fuck," Matteo tried to free himself of his bindings, but his efforts were to no avail.

"what's the other dining room?" Pansy's voice shook.

nobody spoke for a long while.

"things... happen—in here." Matteo said slowly.

"what kind of things?" Draco asked.

me nor my brothers replied.

i could hear footsteps drawing closer.

"what kind of things happen here, Lola?!" Draco repeated desperately.

i watched the door handle turn and at least a dozen people entered the room.

all of them wore black.

i spotted Bellatrix, Mr and Mrs Malfoy, Regulus and Professor Snape.

all of them kept their eyes on the ground.

i counted twelve people, both men and women as they each stood behind one of the chairs.

"be seated," a cold voice came from behind us.

Pansy tried to turn around but Matteo shook his head at her.

something brushed past my ankle and i looked down to see Father's serpent, Nagini, slithering toward the table.

his footsteps grew closer.

the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end and goosebumps peppered my skin.

"my children..." i felt a breeze as he walked past and i tensed. "you have made a mistake."

he now stood before us, staring at each of us in turn. "let us begin."

i had no idea what he was talking about or who he was addressing, but his Death Eaters did.

five people stood up and walked towards us, still keeping their eyes lowered.