45

like most, i hated hangovers, and i hated people who didn't get them even more.

but when Violet happily roused us with breakfast in bed, i couldn't dislike her any longer.

i groaned and tried not to throw up as i ate the toast she gave us, and by some miracle—or sheer willpower—i managed to keep the food down.

"you look like death." Draco stated.

"i'm going to smother you." i picked up a pillow and held it just above his face.

he laughed and swatted it away. "this again?"

i dug him in the ribs.

"so violent." he muttered.

"only for you."

he rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, bringing my slice of toast to his lips and practically inhaling the whole slice.

i could only stare at him wide eyed.

"what?" he asked with his mouth full. "i'm hungry."

"i can tell." i picked up another slice of toast and chewed. "what happened to that Henry guy?"

"didn't you hear?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"no...?"

at that moment, Henry wandered past our open door in his boxers, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"morning," Draco called.

Henry turned, surprised. "oh, morning."

"sleep alright?"

he nodded and yawned. "is that breakfast?"

i nodded. "from Violet."

"she didn't give me anything," he pulled a sad face.

"sounded like she gave you an awful lot last night." Draco said drily.

Henry's cheeks turned red. "um, yeah."

Draco and i reclined beside each other, munching judgementally.

"Henry? are you awake?" Violet called from the kitchen. "i've made you some food."

Henry cleared his throat and carried on down the corridor.

Draco sniggered and i swatted at him. "you're terrible."

"you make me so." he batted his eyelids.

i rolled my eyes.

"fancy a shower?" he asked, getting out of bed.

"only if you insist." i followed him into the bathroom.

he turned the shower on and we brushed our teeth as the mirror fogged up, undressing when we were done.

i stepped under the water and wet my hair, watching Draco watch me.

"are you coming in?" i raised my eyebrows.

"give me a minute," he bit his lip. "i'm just admiring the view."

i shrugged and tilted my head back, closing my eyes against the stream of water.

when i opened them again, Draco towered over me.

"hi," i grinned.

"hello," he stroked the curve of my waist.

i reached onto my tiptoes to kiss him, but he grabbed my thighs, lifting me up and hooking my legs around his waist, pinning me between the cold wall and his own warm body.