epilogue

six years later.

"tell us another story, Mummy!" Aelius begged.

"that was the longest story ever! right from the first day i walked into Hogwarts!" i protested.

"we want another one..." Scorpius rubbed his eyes.

"i want never gets," i tapped his little nose.

my sons had inherited my hazel eyes, my olive skin and full lips.

from Draco, they got their white-blonde hair, height and strong jaw.

it amazed me to look at them, they were the perfect blend of Draco and i.

"come on, you little stinkers," he picked Scorpius and Aelius out of our bed and carried them into their own rooms.

Inez stared at me imploringly with her green-brown eyes, twisting her bright hair around her little finger.

"please may i stay in your bed?" she asked politely.

Nana Cissa, had taught her the difference between 'can' and 'may'.

"your brothers will be jealous,"

"they're smelly boys," she pulled a face. "i won't snore like Daddy!"

"you promise?" i raised my eyebrows.

she nodded feverishly.

"alright then, just for tonight, Inez."

"just for forever!" she giggled, diving under the covers as i tickled her.

"you're so naughty," i kissed her freckle-covered cheeks.

she settled down into bed, her eyelids growing heavy as she stared up at me, her little hand tracing my face.

"one day i'll be as pretty as you." she whispered.

"you're the most beautiful thing i've ever laid my eyes on, Inez-Marella." i kissed her fingertips.

Marella—named after my mother, whose grave was always blossoming with flowers, no matter the season.

her eyes fluttered closed and her breathing became slow and heavy.

sensing a presence, i turned to see Draco leaning against the doorframe.

"she kicks you know," he nodded at our daughter. "and snores, and very often wets the bed."

i shrugged. "she's cute—she can get away with it."

i stood beside him and he wrapped me in his arms.

"Mother and Father are coming tomorrow. they've got business to discuss."

i nodded, never taking my eyes off of our daughter. "one day it will all work out, and we'll live happily ever after."

Draco kissed my head, nudging me towards the bed.

we crawled under the covers, Inez sandwiched between us.

"goodnight, lovely Lo." Draco said with his hand on the lamp-switch.

"sleep well, darling Draco." i blew him a kiss.

he turned off the light and we were bathed in darkness, but the kind that made you feel warm, safe, secure.

the opposite kind of darkness that my brothers and i had survived in at Scorpius and Aelius and Inez's ages.

the kind of darkness i would never allow them to experience for as long as i lived.

i had my brothers, Tom and Matteo.

i had my best friend, Pansy.

i had three of the most loyal friends i could ask for; Blaize, Enzo and Theo.

i had my husband, Draco.

and i had my three children.

Scorpius, Aelius and Inez.

i couldn't ask for a lot more, just to guarantee their safety and happiness.

and as the Dark Lady, that was something i was more than capable of.

Riddle Me This:

the rich people want me, wise people know me, the poor people need me, and kind people show me.

i can be an asset, a weapon. a weakness and a strength. i can envelop and consume and kill a person.

what am i?

i am Love.

***   

the end.

author's note

omg this has been one hell of a write. i'm writing this at 4.30am after surviving writers block more times than i can count, but we made it. from the bottom of my heart, thank you for reading, all your supportive comments mean so much to me and it makes me smile reading through them all. i hope you enjoyed reading as much as i enjoyed writing, YOU motivate me to keep on doing it <3

if you enjoyed Riddle Me This, make sure to check out my new Tom Riddle fanfic 'Wrong Choice' out now. it follows the triplet's father during his time at Hogwarts :))

so much love,
Dilfs789 xxx

RIDDLE ME THISOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara