Lab Partners

WARNING:

Guys I wrote this when I was like 13. If that's not warning enough just know that it's VERY BAD. It sucks. Like. I'm embarrassed. Anyway, read at your own risk because you will cringe trust me. But if you just want an easy dumb stupid read, be my guest! Just know I did warn you. It's pretty cringe. Like. Really. Be nice however because even though I was super young when I wrote this I am sensitive :( Thanks!

"Lyds!" I yelled as I bounded down the stairs, finding her sitting on a bar stool. "I need help." I motioned to my sweat pants and t-shirt. It was my first day in high school and I wanted to look impressive, especially when my sister was the most popular girl in school.

My first day in high school. And I was terrified. After the recent death of my sister's best friend, Allison Argent, who was like a sister to me, I didn't feel like doing much. Ever. So now I needed Lydia's special designer skills even more.

"Oh, Aspen..." she scanned me with a look of disgust. "Okay, you, go get in the shower. You smell like Stiles's feet. I'll get your outfit." She pointed a perfectly polished fingernail at the stairs and I nodded. "Yes sir," I saluted and ran back up the stairs and into the shower.

Maybe five minutes later, I ran into my room to see the clothes Lydia had laid out. A sleeveless shirt and high waisted skirt- "Not too bad Lydia," I mumbled, pulling the clothes over my head and grabbing a pair of Vans as I headed out the door.

"You look nice," Lydia said, sliding a bowl of cereal across the table to me. "All thanks to you," I smiled, shoving a spoonful in my mouth. "So.. Where's Stiles?" I asked. Stiles was a good friend of Lydia's- he was also awkward and extremely hyperactive.

"At his house..? Why do you ask?" Lydia replied, sitting on the bar stool beside me. "Well.. I just thought you two were dating," I shrugged. Lydia choked on her orange juice. "Stiles and I-" she managed to get out, "Are not dating!" I gave her a look that said 'oh really".

"We're not!" she exclaimed. "Then why did you go on that camping trip with him last week?" I raised an eyebrow. "Everyone went! Kira, Scott-"
"So it was like a double date kind of thing-"
"No!" Lydia screamed, throwing a banana at my head. I laughed and ducked as it hit the wall behind me. "His girlfriend was there!"

"Stiles has a girlfriend?" I scoffed. I had always kind of had this crush on Stiles. It was stupid, but still, it was something.

"Yes," she sighed, flicking a strawberry blonde curl from her forehead. "Oh look, the bus is here." I frowned.

"I thought you were taking me to school," I said.
"I can't be seen with some freshman loser," she said. "Lydia-"
"Sorry Aspen," she pursed her lips, scanning my outfit before deciding it was good enough, and shoved my bag in my hands, opening the door and pushing me out. I sighed and trudged to the yellow school bus. Rolling my eyes, I climbed up the steps.

Once on, I sat in the nearest open seat. I just wanted the day to be over; first days were always the worst. Many more people got on but one in particular caught my eye. Especially when he basically fell into my lap. He had beautiful, icy blue eyes and light brown hair. His skin was a flawless tan and his teeth a pearly white. In Lydia words, he was hot.

His face was inches from mine, mouth slightly agape. He just stood there, staring at me. Feeling uncomfortable, I said, "Uh.. Hi.."

The boy smiled a bit. "H-hi.."

His friend, whom was behind him, hissed, "Liam, dude.. Get off."

Liam seemed to snap out of it. "Uh, sorry.. I'm Liam," he scratched the back of his neck and offered a hand. I smiled sheepishly and said, "It's okay. Aspen Martin." The boy, Liam, still looked kind of dazed, why, I had no clue. He stumbled to the back of the bus and sat with his friend, still staring at me. I was pretty sure he wasn't listening to a word his friend said, but an occasional nod and "yeah" told me I was wrong.