Lake House Partying

(so any old readers, just so you know, this chapter and the one before we're accidentally deleted on accident, so this is the rewrite, and the previous chapter is currently being rewritten as well)

-/-

Later that night, Aspen rushed out to Kira's car as she pulled into the driveway, Liam smiling at her from the passenger seat. He sent her a sideways grin when she got it, but there was something off.

The three of them drive in complete silence (excluding the All Time Low playing on Kira's radio) until Kira spoke up.

"It's Lydia's lake house," she said to Liam, "Do you know Lydia?" Liam nodded a little, gaze directed out the window at the full moon shining above their heads.

"It's actually my grandmother's," Aspen informed them, "But.. Uh, she's dead."

"Oh, well that's good," Kira nodded awkwardly, but quickly recoiled, realizing what she said, "I-I mean it's not good that's she's dead- unless she was in pain..." Aspen laughed uneasily as Kira tried to explain, waving her arms around.

"Can you turn the music down?" Liam asked suddenly, his eyebrows furrowed on the radio. Kira frowned at him. "You want me to turn the music up?" Aspen looked cautiously at him. He looked queasy, and sweat shone on his forehead like he was sick.

Liam jumped when his phone buzzed, and he asked Kira, "Who'd you say was coming to this party?" Kira panicked a little.

"Um... Everyone."

-/-

When they arrived, no one was there. "Where is everyone?" Aspen asked, climbing out of Kira's small car. Kira bit her lip. "They're here," she assured, "It's a small party..."

Liam looked at her. "You said everyone was coming."

Kira panicked, saying, "Um, they are. They're late. And we're early. So we.. Better hurry." She shoved them towards the door, cheering, "Yay! Party!"

Aspen opened the door and was hastily pushed in with Liam, Kira locking the door behind them. "Sorry," she cringed.

The two freshmen turned, the only "party-goers" being Lydia, Malia, Scott, and Stiles. "You're kidding me," Aspen mumbled under her breath. Liam frowned angrily. "What is this?"

"Think of it as an intervention," Stiles said, "You have a problem, Liam.." Scott stepped forward.

"And we're the only one's that can help."

-/-

"Werewolf?" Liam asked, confusion laced through his voice, eyes moving from Scott to Malia.

"Werecoyote.. Banshee," he said to Lydia, who gave a tiny smile. He looked at Kira. "And fox?"

"Kitsune," Kira squeaked, "But fox works.." Aspen looked at Stiles, swallowing down her urge to throw up at all the news. "What are you?" Stiles opened his mouth to reply, hesitating.

"Uh... for a little while, I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil."

Liam glanced at her. "What are you now?" Stiles thought a moment, lost. "Um... better?" Aspen looked at the floor, unable to process all this. Why tell her this now? Why didn't they do this earlier?

"Are those for me?" Liam asked, his eyes flicking from the bag of chains on the table to Scott. Malia shook her head, her eyes glowing bright blue. "No, they're for me."