Blondie and Romero

The last thing Aspen wanted to do was go to school. Every time she moved, she felt nauseated. Melissa had informed her that she might have a mild concussion, and to take it easy, but Aspen couldn't afford to miss school. Her grades were already dropping and it didn't help that her mother was now her English teacher and knew about her terrible grades.

Yet, Aspen found herself tugging a dress over her head, a dress long enough to cover up the gauze just above her knee, and pulling on a pair of ankle boots. She limped down the stairs to be met by Lydia frowning into her cereal bowl. "I thought Melissa said you needed bed rest," she said sternly, pouring the rest of the bowl into the garbage can. Aspen sat down with a wince, her sore leg aching, and growled out, "I'm fine. Can you drive me?"

Lydia placed the bowl in the sink with a clunk and turned to her sister. "I don't think you should go to school. If you don't want to stay alone I ca-"

"No Lydia," Aspen told her, shaking her head, "I need to. My grades are already dropping..."

Lydia's mouth tightened into a straight line as she looked at her younger sister. She was still pretty- bright blue eyes, shiny blonde hair, and a good nose (one Lydia envied terribly because she claimed hers was crooked).

But, Lydia had noticed she had lost those smile lines she used to have, and her bright blue eyes, that weren't full of happiness much anymore, were sunken, and dark, unfocused. Her hair hung limply around her face in tiny strands, the rest pulled up in a lazy bun as she lightly picked at a bowl of Lucky Charms. Lydia realized how much werewolves and deadpools had changed her sister.

The blonde glanced up at her sister. "Are you taking me or not?" Lydia smiled and grabbed her keys from the key ring by the door.

Aspen grabbed her bag from the kitchen island and followed Lydia out and into her car.

The two sisters drove to school, commenting every once in a while on the horrible crunching sound Lydia's car made, and when they arrived, Aspen got out, expecting Lydia to follow.

"Coming Lyds?" she asked, shouldering her bag. Lydia shook her head, "I'm going to Stiles' to figure out this code Grandma wrote. It's in the same code I wrote for the deadpool." Aspen nodded slowly. "Can you pick me up later?"

"Sure," Lydia smiled, "Love you." Aspen found herself grinning. "Love you too Lyds."

She closed the door and waved to Lydia as she walked into the school. She spotted Mason eyeing some lacrosse players nearby and the door opened behind her. In stepped Liam, who looked so panicked that he yelped when he collided with her back.

"S-sorry," he stammered, "What're you doing here?" She frowned at him. "Why does everyone think I wouldn't go to school today?" He sent her a crooked smile.

They started to walk down the hall towards Mason. "It's just.." he paused, his eyes locking on something over her shoulder. "Uh... Nevermind.." Aspen glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, and almost asked what was wrong, when Mason skipped over. "Her guys," he smiled, white teeth sparkling, "Am I gonna see you guys at the bonfire tonight?" Aspen had almost forgotten.

Every year, Beacon Hills High would have a huge bonfire just outside of the school to start off the lacrosse season. Aspen had never been to one, but knew that Lydia used to love them.

"I'm, uh, thinking about skipping," Liam muttered and Aspen looked at him incredulously. "I didn't survive this fatal wound for you to not take me to this bonfire," she retorted, pulling up her dress to show the gauze, "You're not skipping."

Mason's eyes widened. "What happened-"

But, realizing Aspen's mistake, Liam interrupted. "Why can't I skip?"