Fluorescent Lighting

After Aspen convinced Liam to ride on the handle bars of her bike, it took them about fifteen minutes of Liam screaming, "Watch out for the tree!" and "I'm going to die on a pink bicycle" to get to the school.

Finally, they swerved around the corner into the school parking lot which was filled with police cars and people in yellow suits. Aspen and Liam hopped off of the bike and pushed their way to the front of the crowd gathered outside of the school.

Aspen's eyes swept over the hoard when finally she spotted a particular strawberry blonde. "Lydia!" Aspen called. "Lydia!" She grabbed Liam's hand and pulled him towards Lydia.

"You brought the werepuppy?" Lydia questioned, once they were by her side. Aspen rolled her eyes playfully. "Yes. Now what's going on?"

Lydia bit her lip, eyeing Agent McCall as he slip into a hazard suit. "Scott's dad is going in," she said nervously.

"Why?" Liam asked. Their hands were still laced together and Lydia glanced down at their hands before replying, "Someone's going to die."

"Is that a prediction? Or are you-"

"No. It's.. It's not a feeling this time. I'm positive," Lydia interrupted her sister, "Someone is going to die."

Aspen swallowed hard, remembering the vision she saw of Stiles. Biting her tongue, she watched as Agent McCall made his way into the school, gun in hand.

They waited in silence for Agent McCall to return, Aspen's hands clasped tightly in Liam's. He gave her a look of reassurance as she nibbled on her lip thoughtfully, eyes full of worry.

Not ten minutes later, he returned and hurriedly stripped out of the hazard suit with the help of a few deputies.

The two Martin sisters rushed up to him, Liam trailing behind. "Is everything okay? What's happening?" Lydia blurted. Agent McCall licked his lips and looked around uneasily.

"I.." he murmured, "They should be out soon.. Natalie said that everyone was healing.." Aspen's heart stopped. "My mom? My mom's in there?" she exclaimed. Liam's grip tightened on her hands and she relaxed a little.

Just as the words left her mouth, the door burst open and what seemed like thousands of people filed out, each searching for their parents, or siblings. Aspen twisted out of Liam's grip and ran into the school, eyes frantically searching for her mother.

"Mom!" Aspen called, seeing her turn the corner. She pushed through to her mother, throwing her arms around her neck. Lydia's voice reached her ears and she felt arms wrap around her.

"I'm sorry girls," Natalie apologized, "We just needed the extra money.."

Both Martin's told their mother that it was okay, and that they were glad nothing bad happened.

Aspen noticed Liam nearby, looking lonely as he stared after them. She pried herself away from her teary-eyed mother and walked over to him.

She ignored the sudden urge to hug him and settled for a weary smile instead. "You see Scott?" she asked. Liam nodded, motioning to the side with his head where Scott stood talking to his dad.

"Stiles?" Aspen questioned. She already saw him hug his dad, but now she couldn't find him. Liam looked around for a second before he spotted Stiles with Lydia. Aspen smiled at them, slipping her hand into Liam's.