Wendigo Problems

"What?" I said, clearly aggravated, "Why didn't you tell me you had lacrosse try outs?!"
"I meant to!" Stiles exclaimed, throwing his arms up, "I just.. Forgot." Rolling my eyes, I said, "You're an idiot Stiles. Drive me home now-"
"Hey guys," Scott smiled, stepping out of the locker room. I glared at him, not in the mood for his happiness.

"Just-" I groaned. "You better be ready to go when it's over." I grabbed my bag off the bench and stomped outside to see Kira and Malia sitting on the bleachers. Ignoring Malia, I smiled at Kira. "Hey Kira," I said. She smiled in response, saying, "Have you seen Lydia lately?"

"No," I replied, "Why?" Kira bit her lip, glancing out across the field. "No reason.."
"Is it about Scott?" I raised an eyebrow. Kira blushed, her gaze following Scott as he walked across the field, talking to Stiles.

"N-no," Kira said shyly.
Kira bit her lip, tucking a strand of black hair behind her petite ear.

Practice started and Stiles looked as if he were about to puke all over Scott's shirt as they ran. Liam was doing well, as usual, and I was glad Stiles and Scott's attempt at being intimidating didn't phase him.

Kira was still looking nervous, so I put a hand on her shoulder. "Are you sure you're okay?" I said. Malia frowned as well, "Yeah, you reek of anxiety. And it's distracting.. What's going on?" Kira shot Malia a look and she rolled her eyes.

"It's just.. Scott and I had this thing happen, but it wasn't much of a thing.. And I'm sorta starting to think it wasn't anything at all," spurted Kira, finishing with a deep breath.

"Oh," I smirked, "So this is about Scott and his poor relationship skills?" Kira's eyes widened. "Relationship?" she squeaked. Malia butted in. "What do you want this thing to be?"

Kira sighed, "More."

&•&

A couple minutes later, Coach put Stiles and Scott covering goal for two-on-ones. Scott nor Stiles was doing very well, but maybe this would help. And it did- somewhat. Scott and Stiles blocked the next five players going for the goal. Kira, Malia, and I cheered for them.

But, lucky me, Liam was up next.

"Oh god," I murmured, "Please don't mess this up.." I was perfectly confident Liam would do fine, but I considering he knew Scott and Stiles were my friends, if they did something to embarrass me, it could ruin everything.

Liam started off in a run towards Stiles, who was in front, easily slinking past him. Next was Scott, which was a little harder because Stiles, frankly, sucked at lacrosse. Liam got by him, but just barely. I cheered along with Finnstock, who shouted, "That's how you do it! Thats. How. It's. Done!"

Malia stood up. "That was luck!" she screamed. Oh my god, I thought.
"Do-over!" Malia said. I couldn't hold back a laugh as Coach replied, "Sweetheart, there are no 'do-overs'. This is practice." Malia squinted her eyes at him.

"Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles!"

I'm liking this girl more and more, I laughed to myself. Coach raised his eyebrows. "I'll take that action," he replied, "Hey! Liam, get back in there!" Liam obeyed and ran at Scott and Stiles again. This time, though, he didn't get by so smoothly. Scott rammed into Liam and he flew over Scott's shoulder, landing on the with a groan.

I was up, down the bleachers, and by his side within seconds. Coach holllered, "Don't move! Hey, Martin! Don't touch him!"

Liam was moaning in pain, clutching at his ankle, which was placed at an awkward angle. I kneeled beside him and took his hand away from his ankle. "I'm fine," he said, but I sensed the pain in his voice, and his hand was clenched tightly around mine. "It's all right.. Just my-" He cut himself off, hissing through his teeth.