Epilogue~ A New Beginning

Emory, and Bay walked on either side of me as we made our way to our first day of classes. Bay had his patches on under his shirt, but my gills closed outside of the water, I didn't need them. The human part and the water part of me were completely separate pieces of a whole I could switch between at will. Going to school in Florida wasn't the worst change we could have made to our plans. The water was warmer and with the mount of mermaid models nearby even if someone did catch is with our tails, they would think they were just realistic tails. Bay had claimed a territory already for us so we could be safe, and he was teaching me what I needed to have for the water. Emory got her scuba diving license and had a mermaid fin on the way as we headed to our classes.

    "I could get used to this." Emory's eyes scanned over the students and the scenic manicured lawns of the school. The sun shining bright overhead, the air a little on the humid side but it was great for merskin.

   Bay slipped his hand into mine. "Me too."

    Emory took my other hand and gave it a squeeze. "This is me." She hooked a thumb over her shoulder. "Good luck guys." She jabbed a finger at Bay. "Keep an eye on my best friend. You know what kind of trouble they can get into." She rolled her eye and flashed a smile at me before running off. Bay and I were headed to the same building and even had over lapping classes.

    "Any plans on swimming off today?" he asked.

    "Nah, I've got human stuff to do."

    I felt his eyes on me as I stared at the ocean line as if I might see Sean, but he could be anywhere in the ocean. Please don't get chased by a killer whale. I prayed to whatever god there was.

    "Sean'll be fine." Bay waved a hand. "he didn't grow up in the water like me and your mom did but he knows the water just as well. He's fine and he's with his family. He's happy."

I nodded. "I know, he was just a big part of why the ocean didn't seem so bad anymore and I thought I might see him again, but he never came back to the shore in Ireland and now... how would I even try to find him?"

    Bay chuckled. "don't worry. The ocean has a way of washing things back to shore, even if it takes a while. It's not like you don't have time to spare."

    He was right, I had years and years to spare, hundred of years. According to mom, my great great great grandma was still out there somewhere. Over a thousand years old.

    "You're gonna stick around though, right? I don't want to live that long by myself."

    "Please, you'd get lost if I ever left you." He stepped closer and gave my hand a squeeze. "you need someone to keep bringing you back home."

    I rolled my eyes, but he wasn't entirely wrong. The mer inside of me and the selkie had the urge to disappear into the water and sometimes Bay was the only reason I remember why I didn't give into it. I was part mer and Selkie but I was part human too and all of that made me.

Thanks so much for sticking around for the ride

Thanks so much for sticking around for the ride. I hope you enjoyed this read and will come back for my Fall/Halloween story coming out the first of  september. it's going to be a YA paranormal  teen fiction with a bit of romance, friends to lovers, mystery. Werewolves anf vampires, the concept is 2010's ya paranormal romance with more modern takes and less toxic male traits .

 Werewolves anf vampires, the concept is 2010's ya paranormal romance with more modern takes and less toxic male traits

Violet and Ryan have been friend forever and Violet is sure that their friendship will last forever

Violet and Ryan have been friend forever and Violet is sure that their friendship will last forever... until the beginning of Junior year starts off with her friend pulling away from her and a new guy, Zack, that Ryan seems to hate for no reason but Zacks been nothing but nice to her so why should she listen when Ryan warns her away?
Between a friend she feels like she's losing, her mom always being gone at the hospital and the new guy the only one lending an ear, Violet can't seem to shake the feeling that something is wrong.