4.6 Combat Lessons

Witches dressed in bright and elegant blue robes, Wizards in red and dark with fur coats entered the field. Marveling at the unusual sight they were however only there to watch, so they went up to the stands. The sun was up glistening over the waters as the flags and towers cast shadows into the Quidditch fields where black flowers bloomed explosively in the morning.

Going past the other schools, was either a flying red furcoat, few players going on brooms, or spells.
"This looks ridiculous" Victor shook his head, he was watching on orders of the High Master. For the most part that is, he actually found the active teaching method very innovative and appealing compared to old times.

A certain girl with blond hair and blue robes shook her head smiling,"The kids seem to love it. I find Hogwards charming, it takes good care of its educational status".

'Hey I said no sludge or boiling curses!'
"Bleeh!" a few shoved their tongues at him, Harry dived for them. The three panicked seeing how - for the special training - their dear fellow schoolmates ended up turning in turn to Harrison's flying path and their wands and brooms went into their direction.

Harry was a flying fox whose fur was enveloped by fire, his tail was a transforming trail ending as fire.
'Better think again!' he zoomed past them followed closely by the players. The kids fell on their butts collecting themselves, though they rose up in return to get back. Harry smiled, this is a good method to get them to continue no matter if they fall down or fail. They get encouraged by their peers as a collective. How nice.

In odd S swings, in circles, and straight lines and dives he evaded the lights passing by him. Some like static, others turning into solid things mid-air. Harry both thought that; he was going to be impaled if he's not careful, and that this was fun.

The ones below were similar. They too rather saw this as a fun experience, until they had to mandatorily switch from the spells they usually cast to one's they don't regularly practice in some form. He was making the students fire at him for target practice, then it was a game of tag with stunning spells, where he changed form and size every half an hour.

Supervising was McGonagall and Madam Hooch, both keeping tabs. McGonagall gave Madam Hooch a sign, she strongly blew her whistle causing Harrison to fall from all clouds in a startling yelp. Unguarded, he was caught by Fred while the incoming players laughed.

The schedule they had was tightly structured, but the lessons were easy.
One day they train in the forest, then was above the Quidditch field, then the lake.. They even had to formulate ideas ahead of time for when Harry asked them what spell movement his tail was drawing in the air, or what to do when in danger. The students had to write ideas for how to survive dangers on their own! And for that matter, help each other out.

Then, Harry would randomly turn into creatures and the students would - with a normal branch and stick, which wouldn't last long - cast a spell. By observing each other, they learn from peers of all ages. At this point, some students were making ideas on how to carry around potions.

"Atta-ntion!" he stood before the four rows of students. They were separated by their houses and stationed like in the great hall.
"So~ the day is getting nearer, you all are getting exited about the tournament with each passing day."

He walked sideways, looking ahead and not to the students. "While I see more try for it due to getting more and more confident, which I feel conflicted about, I hope that you will try to keep in mind that you yourself matter most. But, depending on the trial, it might be better to work on the situation. Now! Face the row besides you and clear the middle. For those of you familiar with games involving no magic, think of this as something like Dodgeball" the muggles started to grin very dirty. The ones raised far away from the muggle culture felt like a cold worm passed down their backs.

"Griffindor, Ravenclaw - attack.
Hufflepuff, Slytherin - defend.
Each House will fight the other three houses atleast two times, taking turns in defending and attacking. Shots going over the middle will be handled by me and the staff. Once you played against half the houses, it's lunchbreak. Now then" he rose his wings as the kids turned to each other, "begin!".

Red attacked yellow, yellow defended, blue charged spells at green, green deflected. Some went individually while others combined their spells for greater effect.

"Having fun?"
§That seems~ to be the cas~e.§

Cold scales curled around red paws, the head with poisonous fangs looking over the fox's shoulder. Harrison didn't turn away from the duels but did reply. "I could ask you the same thing Thomas. Having fun watching kids  playfully dismiss and ascert their houses rivalry at the same time?"

The others feet were right besides the figure, them being almost two times the fox's size. Tom grinned, his eyes slightly lowering at the sight he saw "This thing your orchestrating looks more like a tournament itself than just training. Makes me wonder how old you are".

'What..?' Harrison almost missed taking out a shot. 'My age..?'

'...'
'Heh'
'You should know by now, I'm your age.'

Tom raised an eyebrow, "Oh? You say you're my age?".
'Yepp' the bright emerald eyes glanced at the supposed 14 year old boy while the houses switched.

Tom looks into his eyes, 'He seems firm in what he's saying. He has quite the inner child then'.

"Kids! It's time to stop, the bell will ring for Lunch soon!" Severus walked into the field.

As they turned to him, the Potion master had to show his skills as a duelling master when a couple dozen spells came to him from the abrupt change in the kids stance.

He was not impressed by them.

Unlike the other way around.

Most (the Lion's were however being difficult, especially Ron) were in awe by the old dwellers quick reflexes which however made him get questioned by Minerva since those were still a dozen spells.

Harrison and Tom both looked at the staff, same as the kids, and their thoughts aligned.

'I can take care of that easily but no one tells me that I'm amazing. How unfair.'

As the day ended, Harry had to go around and cast calming charms on the kids since some were really getting nervous after throwing their papers in. Just to be sure - since Harrison didn't trust Dumbledore over his own corpse-, he also cast his charm on the few kids that just seem like their life's at Hogwarts were on a complicated chessboard.