1.1 - Escaping

Harry's POV {8 years old}

~4°privet drive, little Hammington~

I was just getting up for a regular day at the house of my aunt and uncle when Uncle Vernon 'informed' me that the heater in Dudleys room was broken. Which was basically him telling me to go repair it or I probably won't get any food for a week, again.
'ugh!'

I opened my cupboard after hearing that Dudley was greeted by my aunt in the kitchen meaning that I won't get bothered by anyone while working. Going upstairs and opening the door to Dudleys room I couldn't enter. Why? The floor was littered why clothes, toys and many other things. Sighing I went to work by cleaning his room up first which took me half an hour.
'Damn! I need to hurry up!'

I kneed down in front of the heater examining it and fishing out some clothes that were starting to get to warm. 'How could he leave clothes in there!? Wait.. Is by this a scarf from aunt Marge? Well~.. I wouldn't want that either..'

I looked it up and down finding that the problem isn't with the heater so, it should be with the regulator in the cellar. I stood up and went out of the room going down the stairs.
"Boy aren't you finished yet!?!"

"Soon Uncle Vernon! The problem is with the controller!" I said back to which I got a grunt and a ten that I won't get breakfast since I took too long upstairs and yadayada *mentally rolls eyes*.

Arriving in the cellar I opened the panel finding the switch for Dudleys room turned off. I flicked it on finding that the light went on above it. Nodding to myself I closed it and went up the stairs. As I want allowed breakfast I decided to mow the lawn in the backyard early to maybe get a chance for lunch earlier. Getting out the Mover I went straight to work while the Dursley's ate 🧇🥓🥣.

Sometime in between Dudleys went up the stairs and u was told to clean the dishes after I was done with the lawn which barely took me 10 more min. in total. Getting into the house I collected the plates while my aunt went to get ready to go the Neighbors tea party while uncle went to play golf not to return in the next 2 hours 'Lucky, I don't need to see him then, now I just need to make sure I don't need to hear him later.'

While washing the dishes I noticed a strange smell coming from somewhere. I pulled of the gloves and followed finding it coming from above. Half up the stairs I realized that it smelled burnt!

Rushing to the smell I opened Dudleys room finding him standing in his room and putting some docks, jeans and his bed-blanket on the heater!

He loved at me just as he put another sick on it. "What are you doing in my room freak!?" he yelled at me with a question and opening his mouth quite big.

I was kinda surprised he could open his mouth so far but stayed focused "Dudley why are you putting those things on the heater they could catch fire!"

"Why? Do it gets warmer faster and my clothes won't be cold" he replied saying it like I was dumb. I tried to tell him that it smells burnt but apparently he didn't smell anything. I should've done sth sooner but at some point during our banter I saw smoke coming from the heater. I yelled to Dudley about it quite loudly which made him panic.

As much as I didn't want to deal with this, I told him to run out of the house and get aunt Petunia as she'd would to some degree understand the situation and work for a solution. As God knows Vernon would scream and yell for the whole neighborhood to hear.

Dudley ran out of the room with a cast nod while I went to the heater tugging out the clothes. Just the a sock caught fire and it spread to the Curtains. I began to panic and went to the bathroom and filled a bucket Petunia uses for footbaths with water before rushing back to Dudleys room and heaving it on the curtains.

Despite my best efforts i still couldn't manage to contain the fire and the Smoke rose out of the window. I rushed through the now burning room to close the window where I heard Petunia outside with Dudleys and some of our neighbours. I think my aunt was yelling something at me but I couldn't hear it after I closed the windows. I turned around and went over to the door w hole my head started spinning 'Damn! I must've been in the room for too long and breathed in the smoke!'.

Just as I grasped the doorknob and opened it I saw something shiny and something round before I got hit by a hard metal?-like object. "That's what you get for putting my house on fire you freak!" yelled the voice I knew from everywhere.. Uncle Vernon.

He hit me a few more times on the head with a baseball bat I think while my back was getting burned by the fire in Dudleys room. Uncle Vernon caughted at some point from the smoke and gave me one last swing which knocked me down. I felt some think trickle down my forehead while my head was starting to pound. Don't know if it was the steps Uncle Vernon caused with how fast he must be running outside or the smoke from the fire.

'? When did I close my eyes? All I lying on the floor?...
Are those sirens? I'm falling asleep.. .  .   .   . '

My POV

While Harry falls unconscious, his core breaks free of the restraints placed on it since his birth which pushed his Inheritance to rescue him by turning him into an animal and transporting him to a certain school in Britain. Far , far a day from the place he was deemed dead at as only his (or rather Dudleys old) clothes were singed with burns on them.

[Hmm? A magical child? Wait! What happened to you?!] said the voice of Hogwarts when it noticed the car lying on its doorsteps. Hogwarts or Holly, sweaps Harry away into the room of Requirements with its magic. In the new room, Harry turns back into a human after his core found that he was now in a save place. Feeling rather than seeing the child's injuries, Holly takes care of him and decided to take him in as the 8 year old was obviously not raised properly.

In the next few days Holly, who appeared in the form of a ghostly little girl with shimmering blond-golden hair, a green summerdress with red strips of paper on a strawhat and a necklace with a blue gem in it, takes to Harry about his Situation.
Holly offers Harry to stay with her for now and learn a few things about their world before he decides to either continue to stay or explore their world.

Harry gratefully accepts her offer and stays at Hogwards. However Holly decided to give him another name when he introduced himself as 'freak' or 'boy' (she couldn't believe what she was hearing!). The name that she decided on in the end was Harrison.