1.7 - No danger at my home!

Third POV

The year was over and students got ready to return home and have a nice time during their holidays. Some teachers had to look back on all the recent years and think that they were fairly peaceful in their own right until Dumbledore called into the hall with all-smiles at first before looking distraught and concerned for a moment before fixing his facial expressions. A few students and a small percentage of the staff noticed it bit kept quiet and waited for any announcements that could explain the behaviour the headmaster had shown.

Harrison meanwhile was going to the end-of-the-year banquet in the Great Hall after a small chat with his friend Fawkes who didn't look so good but how ate you supposed to be mentally healthy if you are forced to spend time with a crazy and manipulative old wizard? He also looked through some of the latest papers about students that will be joining next year. One name in particular caught his eye. A transfer student will be enrolled among the 4th years by the name of Tom Vorlost (Me: Engl. Tom Marvolo [...] both are supposed to end with Riddle but we can't make things to obvious for him now right?).

Draco's POV

I was talking with Susan Jones from Hufflepuff seeing as were both from noble houses and its fine to associate with those from other houses as long as you stay respectful and cautious about some things. For example some teachers or those who d don't like others associating with those from different houses. I noticed that my cousin Luna stared at the teachers table where my Godfather Severus had been keeping an eye on the Headmaster. Probably because of the 'slip-up' from earlier, which was totally fake timing wise.

I'd rather he just announced who won the house cup already so that I could get out of his sight and back home. I won't deny that more and some other first years were homesick the first few weeks. I even heard that some cried but we eventually went over it with some *cough* comfort *cough* from the wolf. I don't deny it, he is as uncle Severus said he was. He was impartial and spoke like an adult sometimes but we also see how he resambles a younger kid at times.

Just then our dear headmaster rose from his seat "Hello students, the year is over. It is time to announce the winners of the housecup." we all cheered while the red twins yelled "Who won!?".

He held up a hand and I choked on my juice on his next words. "But before I announce them... I am saddened to inform you that a precious item that was kept at Hogwarts was stolen by a dark wizard. I can only hope he doesn't misuse it for the wrong intentions and it will be retrieved soon." he looked down sadly while his hands were clasped together on the front like he was mourning something, 'Must've really been a precious item. Wonder what it was.'.

Apparently our head-of-house knew what it was and didn't like that it was gone one bit seeing how he momentarily lost his composure and got very pale and his mouth opened up like a fish. Even the vice-Headmistress asked loudly if he was serious to which he nodded his head in a grieve gesture. "This is horrible! What if-! If it is brought to-.".

"Minerva we are still amongst students, please calm yourself!" said professor Flitwick who looked like he was panicking himself. 'Brought to... Whom? They couldn't mean HIM right!? But he's supposed to be dead!' My eyes widened as I wanted nothing more han to be under my bedcovers now.

'Albus, quit it with your bullshit your only causing everyone more distress than they need or is it that you want to send the children into shock so close to their short time freedom from school?' we looked around only to see the black cat form of Harrison entering the Hall with a dangerously calm air about him. I had to shiver when he passed our area of tables for the 1st and 2nd years. It was like the air itself was pricking our backs!

"Mister Harrison? What do you...?" Professor McGonagall looked equally nervous but frowned instead while staring at the cat that was now standing on the teachers table.

'Greetings Miss McGonagall, students. As for me telling our dear headmaster off... I believe I have every right to do so no? After all.. Keeping a precious object like THAT crimson red gem at school is like drawing a Targetdisk for all potential threats to see on Hogwarts! I trust that you understand how I as the one in-charge of the kids and groundskeeper of Hogwarts can't allow such a thing to happen under my watch! How could you even allow that! Did you even know what was kept here!?' he hissed and we could all see how his tail puffed up along with his fur. I slightly went more to my own table while that kid Lee Jordon had a recording tool in his hands but was hiding under his house table.

"But Harrison my boy-" The headmaster rose his hand in a no-fight gesture. However, Harrison seems to really be pissed.
'Don't-! Call me that! I have no family! My only family and home are right here! I won't stand for your meddling and putting these children in danger just for your own intentions!

'What does he mean by that...?' I looked to Blaise who was scrunching up his eyes and nose. "You defile everything a headmaster should stand for! As for the object you claim has been stolen... why do you think it was a dark wizard? Any witch or wizard in the world would be out for an object like that, it doesn't matter what core they have! It's the same as saying all hearts of men only hold evil while the other is good! How would you even know of that if you don't know the person themselves?! Moreover, how could you keep a mystic hound as big as a Troll in such a small room!? Do you want it to attack students!?!'

 why do you think it was a dark wizard? Any witch or wizard in the world would be out for an object like that, it doesn't matter what core they have! It's the same as saying all hearts of men only hold evil while the other is good! How would you e...

I won't lie I almost screamed when purplish-red tendrils of magic went out of our Councelor and swirled around the headmasters head. "Harrison, breathe" came the quiet voice of my Godfather.
The hall was as quiet as as a graveyard, nothing seemed to move.

Red eyes closed for a moment as Harrison inhaled deeply before releasing it all with one big sigh. As he breathed out he looked at the headmaster again while the tendrils disappeared from sight. He looked over at my uncle and I gulped. 'Will Uncle Sev be in trouble!? But Harrison is normally so happy to be around others!'

'Thx Professor Snape for snapping me out of my state. It seems like I got a bit to hot-headed with this topic' he then turned around, jumped of the table while turning into an owl mid-air. He flew upwards but stopped abruptly before the window he was at.

'Before I forget: I have noticed the gem before and hid it when I got informed by the castle how someone had apperantly attempted to steal it. Its now hidden by me and only I and the castle know where it is. I will return it when Mister Flamel will come to get it personally. Besides that, I wish the students happy Holidays and it's a tie between the Ravens and Snakes. Well done and see you all next year.'  after he flew out we all slowly went to sit again. Recovering from that last bit took a while as we ate the feast silently..Well, until the Weasley twins dropped a farting pillow that is.

Third POV

The teachers seemed to relax until they realized what he said; that someone had managed to sneak in and almost stole the philosopher's stone. They decided to hold a search over the holidays to find any leads to who it was. The students congratulated each other and were amazed that it became a tie for once. Draco and some of his friends couldn't wait to tell their parents about this as soon as they were home and asked (bribed) Jordon for a copy of his video as show material.

After that they all went their own ways with a secretly fuming Dumbledore stomping around in his empty office (Fawkes had sneaked out). Harry was looking at the lake he was flying over where a red shimmer made him smile while he heard Holly laugh her ass off about how he chewed out a certain old wizard in front of the whole school!