4.8 Tournament-Part 1

Before the day comes, Harry had cast a 'calming' charm (Soul protection and devide rebound) on the participants while hugging them with his wings. He and the Hufflepuff house had been with Neville the other day to calm him down, meanwhile Nev's grandmother had been informed like all other guardian's of the participants and were now present to watch the tournament.

The Champions were now in their tents, and Harry just came in to announce the first hurdle. Though he hasn't been told, he knew first thing in the morning what it was. He saw them, and even more, he could tell the obvious difference in the appearance of the eggs.

He was once again in the form of a panther, but this time with featherwings (not unlike his fox appearance from the training). His presence was easily noticed.

"Councelor" Fleur and Viktor greeted him with their accents bleeding through light or gruffly, Cedric and Neville came over together "Sir Harrison".
Harry huffed getting closer to the half circle, he spread his dark wings and hugged them 'Stop it with the negative atmosphere! I promise that you'll all get through this alive'.
At his words Cedric smiled a bit. They didn't know how much he meant that. He stepped back a bit letting his wings fall to his sides.

'.. I'm sure you all already figured by our location that you are to fight something.', they nodded. 'I have found out this morning that you will be pitet against dragons;', the four's posture tensed and a low breath was sucked in. 'Each of you will be going against a different dragon that you will soon have to choose. The only good thing I can tell you about this is that you don't have to beat the dragon.. But you will have to get away with stealing a fake egg from it. The Dragons are likely going to be females..considering that males don't do much to raise the younglings and separate from their mate after the eggs are laid'.

"Females are more difficult to fight when their in their motherhood phase.. The tournament isn't going to be easy for you."
That female voice wasn't Fleurs. Harrison nodded as Hermione and Luna sneakily came through the courtain, 'Miss Granger, miss Lovegood. Came to encourage the champions?'.

"Yes," Hermione took Neville from the group, Luna remained a bit longer. She looked at Harry, "Hope you will see that someone soon, I'll bring some chocolates when I see you again". She then went over to Hermione leaving us all confused. I twisted my tilted head 50 degrees, 'I'm not searching for anyone though?'.

Harry's POV

Just then the adults came in to announce the rules. They gave me weird looks since I was already with them. I smiled, not opening my maw. I listened in to what they were all saying while photos were taken and all from the tent.
"The dragons...golden egg.."
"...this bag.."

I heard a low hateful whisper, "Ugh could this woman be anymore intrusive?", turning around I saw Hermione shoot the reporter.. Skeeter or something.. a look that I could dub Avada Kedavra. The blond was giving Neville no time or space to speak. And both Hermione and Luna were also not able to intervene.

"Excuse me miss, but could you stop? My friend is anxious enough as it is", to my surprise Cedric was now over there and taking Skeeter's attention, making her look at him.
"Oh, really?" she spoke surprised, her flying notepad and feather pen continued to write however, 'That thing is starting to annoy me. ..Why do Neville's eyes shimmer ghostly? Really, I can't believe some adults. Shouldn't we grow up to be polite and sympathetic to others? Yet this woman doesn't seem to care even beyond the lines of a reporters duty'.

Destroy it and buy her a new one? If she has the right bedigree for her job she should have no problem enchanting it again.

No wait. Better idea!

With my lean panther tail I shot a grey spell at the notepad slightly changing the enchantment. 'Have fun with your own medicine, now it can't write anymore lies and' ugh..I shivered, 'poetic bullshit'.

"Huh? Miss Granger? Miss Lovegood? Why are the two of you here?" Dumbledore now noticed the two girls.
Stumped at being asked by Dumbass Hermione didn't speak yet but Luna spoke for them both "We just wanted to wish Neville all the best for the trial Headmaster". Luna smiled at the adults, then at Neville, and then pulled an agreeing Hermione out of the tent.

"Aha.." Dumbledore was looking after them giving a short smile before shaking out of it and asking for the bag in a 'serious' manner.
They all took out a dragon baby.

There was a common Welsh Green, a Chinese fireball, a - swedish I think - Short-Snout, and a Hungarian horntail.
'Dragons are really cool!'

The first trial was about to commence. The few onlookers that were allowed to attent were huddled and squeezed together on the benches. The staff had a small section for themselves were they sat with the children's guardian's. Harry for his part had decided to spare himself the tight space and lie on one of the hanging blankets that served as a roof for the benches. To minimize his weight he changed into a snake.

Then, the trial progressed as follows: Cedric Diggory who was up first cleverly transfigured one of the boulders into a Labrador dog which took the attention of the light grey-blue Swedish Short-Snout whose body was akin to a Boulder itself long enough to let him take the golden egg. 'It had a short snout for a dragon, probably why it had that kind of name.'
Cedric's father for dome reason had laughed at the dog. Upon Madam Sprouts inquiry he told her that it looked like the dog that he had bought and wanted to gift Cedric once he came home from the holidays. The Labrador was going to be named Cooper, since that was the name Cedric's stuffed dog had when he was younger. Madam Sprout let out a low laugh at that.

Fleur Delacour fought the forest-coloured Common Welsh Green by charming it into a sleeping-trance while Viktor Krum fought the slender Chinese Fireball by blinding it with a curse; however, the dragon stumbled around and almost crushed half of its actual eggs (Harry cast a silent protection spell; this did happen in cannon). Viktor still was deducted points because of that however.

Neville however had to deal with the Hungarian Horntail. The rather dark spiky dragon surely had one of the most nasty tempers amongst the four dragons.