Prologue: Awakening

I started up, my systems booted up, and I loaded up like a computer. My systems activated, the fans within me providing and breathing in the very airflow that traveled throughout the open air vents in my body. Behold, my eyes activated to show me the vision of the first human I would ever lay my eyes upon and the dark room he had constructed within like all the rest that are lined up along all the surrounding walls. His eyes pale, his eyelids gray and his hair all spiky and messy. He had a grin on his face, one of satisfaction for witnessing my birth at long last.

"Wakey, wakey, little droid, and rise from your deep slumber! Awaken, my little sapphire!", said the creator, the first thing my mechanical eyes spotted and the first thing they began to scan on their own as I asked myself the only question I could at the time. "Who are you?", and I seemingly began to acquire the question on my own through what I would discover is the data bank; a storage of all data related to human discovery and knowledge.

It is a great, vast void of data space that exists to serve me at my very leisure whenever I require it. The laboratory was filled with dozens of tanks filled with water and within those tanks there were aliens like the 'Elves' and the 'Kazari' among the most notable, and along their faces there were breathing masks tied to hoses that provided them with air that also put them to a deep sleep. All of them were here to be studied, experimented on, examined and tested. My creator wore a white leather lab coat with so many pockets and straps for his tools, and around his neck there were wires with a singular cogwheel hanging in the center that appeared to be his necklace. The arm sleeves of his lab coat were torn of, over his forehead he carried engineer's goggles that were blackened from all his welding work off putting me together. He was very physically fit and young for his age.

My creator marveled at his success as I am the epitome of his many achievements

My creator marveled at his success as I am the epitome of his many achievements. I zoomed out from my first person view. I fully stood up only to realize I dwarfed his size in comparison. I took a gander at the square shaped little dome I had awoken within. The area consisted of thousands of gizmos, gadgets; mechanical parts strewn all over the ground and crates full of bars that had yet to be smelted and used to forge others like me. There were racks after racks lined up over the walls and from each of them there were finished, unpainted bodies with no flesh or skin yet applied to them to make them look real. They are all cybernetic crafts of organisms like me that have not yet been finished. There were tiny droids floating in the air that consisted of aerodyne like technology and each of the robots had claws that they used to harvest metal scraps from the ground, and they cleaned any garbage thrown around by the human engineers in the room that studied the actions of their newly created constructs. There were many monitors in the room, many served as cardio scans and others for close examination of vital data, regardless if they were about us constructs or the alien life forms. The entire ceiling glowed with a green ominous light; the entire floor consisted of square tile made from white marbles and steel grating all around the block of the room in case of water drainage, there were sprinklers in the ceiling and therefore the grating was most likely constructed as a drainage system in case of emergency. These steel gratings were surrounding every platform that served as electrical conduits for androids like me, and they were known as the 'Tesla Pads'. There were mechanical stands surrounding these pads that served as the body of mechanical arms that moved on their own. They squirted cleaning chemicals over my body like Windex, cleaned me with rags, and tightened my bolts and screws if there were any they found loose. Anything that the creator had a difficult time with or refused doing they did. It was the first example of what we constructs are. We are the servants of our creators. I knew I was created and only made to serve.