07

༻❁ཻུ۪۪ ༺
Monday

You bought some food for akaashi as well. "Take it as a good luck gift. Even though the exams are like next week?"

"Thank you. I appreciate it. Next week or not, I need to prepare. And fast." He stressed.

"Yo, take it easy. Don't rush. You have this. Just the retakes and you'll be able to go to the next training camp."

"Which is 2 days after the retakes."

"You'll be fine. Ok? How about next time we'll take a practice test. You'll see for yourself."

"Yeah, thanks yn. Truly."

He finally smiled and it was almost satisfying.

"Sure! Err, if you don't mind me asking, how did you fail the other exams in the first place?"

Akaashi's shoulders tensed up. His mouth moved for a split second but he said nothing. "I....don't know."

"What?"

"I don't know. I guess I didn't study enough."

"Oh, that's okay. Some study methods are less effective depending on the topic."

"Listen, y/n. Can you tutor me tomorrow?"

"Oh, i kind of have to tutor someone else tomorrow as well. Do you mind tutoring with them? They're in our—"

"Yeah. Thanks though."

He placed his hands behind his neck, visibly stressing about the possibility of failing retakes. If he did study normally and failed, what were the chances he fails again?

But you didn't fully believe him. How could he have passed other exams when studying normally?

Once you returned home, the rain came to a stop. Puddles were everywhere, and you could still feel the humidity. Kenma, Lev, and Yamamoto were still home.

"What are you guys still doing here? The rains cleared up."

"We we're waiting for you." Lev slowly said. "You were gone for so long."

"Had to get something." You shrugged. Kenma scoffed as you walked to the sofa next to him. "Alright, nobody bought that." Yamamoto shrugged.

"Alright, out." You jokingly pointed at the door. But they were all good to go and ready to go home. "Thanks again, yn. Best tutor out there!" Lev egged you on.

"How flattering. Now get home before it gets dark."

Lev went first and yamamoto followed him. Kenma slowed down before walking through the door. "Hey, yn."

Your heart stopped. You were hoping kenma wasn't going to ask you about anything suspicious going on.

"You'd be a great tutor for akaashi. A shame he insists he can do it alone."

You had no clue what to say here. "Yeah, I wish he'd let me help him. But I'm sure he's going to do spectacular alone!" You winced at that awfully unsure sentence.

Did I fuck up by encouraging he can definitely do it alone? Is it too pressuring? I think this will encourage him to continuously hide the fact I tutor him though.

"Yeah. Youre right. Bye."

"Bye. Get home safe guys." You said before shutting the door.

______________

༻❁ཻུ۪۪ ༺
[bokuto's fans]
Friday - 4:34 pm

bokuto kotarou
are u ready for retakes akaashi?!

akaashi keiji
yeah

bokuto kotarou
woohoo

I know you'll bomb this test

I meant ace

tsukishima kei
leave him be his test is in 6 minutes

he probably wants to study.

you
he's fine

bokuto just wants to be supportive

You shut off your phone and put it to the side. It was way too early in the morning and you were already sick of being at school.

sadly for you, you had to stay behind because of cleaning duties.

"Get up."

You snapped out of your thoughts and traced the familiar voice to kenma, the other person on cleaning duty for today.

"So, yn."

"Yeah?"

"How come you're so busy nowadays. You won't come over to play with me and the others." He asked as if he didn't care at all.

But you knew he did.

"Oh, sorry about that. I've been busy. You know, tutoring others outside of you guys—"

You were cut off by the sudden ring of your phone.

Akaashi was calling.

You swiped your phone away to your chest as fast as possible so kenma wouldn't see. You wanted to respect akaashi's wish and not let him know but also Kenna was just too observant and smart.

"Sorry, excuse me."

Exiting the classroom, you took the phone call.

"Yeah? What's wrong? Don't you take—"

"I don't know what to do. Only 2 minutes left but I'm panicking."

"Sigh, listen, think of it as one of the practice problems. Everytime you're able to solv—"

"But it's not a practice problem."

"I know, but think of it that way. Or try to, cuz you know? Have you heard of that thing if you let go,"

You were silenced by an abrupt beep. Assuming that akaashi hung up on you, you went back into the classroom. Class was gonna start soon.

"Hey, Kenna? Do you think if I pay kuroo to clean for me today he'll do it?"

"Probably not, he has an appointment. Try lev, although I don't think he'll do half as good as kuroo."

"Okay, I'll ask someone else."

"Why? Where are you going? Did you get a boyfriend" he teased.

"What? No!"

"Not surprised."

"What the fuck!" You retorted.