Chapter Three

Chapter Three: The Dark Lord

Godric's Hollow, 1981

"Oh, so we're jumping forward ten months?" A Ravenclaw asked, wanting to clear up any potential confusion the chapter may bring. 

Morana nodded, offering the baby-faced Ravenclaw a gentle smile. "Yes, we are."

"But why?" A Hufflepuff frowned, confused. 

"There's probably not a lot of useful information during those months," a Slytherin explained patiently to the Hufflepuff before Granger could open her mouth, leaning his chin on his palm. "Especially since she's a child. It's probably to shorten the length of the book."

"Oh, that makes sense."

The Potter Family lived in a comfortable cottage in Godric's Hollow. 

"Hey, that must be us!" James exclaimed in excitement, hoping to see who he would marry in the future. His eyes slid toward Lily Evans, hoping it was her.  

It was a peaceful place to live with a small population of muggles and wizards. Godric's Hollow was old-fashioned with its charming cottages and cobblestone roads, but it added to the picturesque charm that attracted people from the hustle and bustle of the city. 

It was Halloween night, and the streets were bustling with costumed children knocking on their neighbors' doors, collecting candy. Their parents watched them with hawk-like eyes, ensuring their children were safe and enjoying themselves. 

Inside the Potter's cottage, Lily and James entertained their one-year-old son, Harry, in the living room with brightly colored bubbles. They were a happy family, and there was never a dull moment inside the cottage. Not with James Potter's inclination for mischief, Harry's chaotic clumsiness, and Lily Potter's cunning creativity.

"I GOT THE GIRL! I GOT THE GIRL!" James screamed in excitement, flying up onto his feet, bouncing around like a hyper puppy. Sirius laughed with his best mate, clapping him on the back while Remus slipped lower in his seat.

Lily Evans blushed the shade of her hair, ignoring her friend's teasing comments. It was only last night she had called James an arrogant prat. 

"Celebrate later, Potter," Severus sneered at the boy who had bullied him relentlessly in his youth, knowing very few people wanted to listen to James celebrate his 'perfect little life' when he had helped ruin Morana's. "We have more important things to do than listen to your voice."

"Listen here, Snivillus-"

"Call my godfather that wretched nickname again, Potter," Morana warned, a harsh edge to her voice, letting the unspoken threat linger for a moment. She motioned for the book to continue, exhaling through her nose in pent-up frustration, deciding she would bite her tongue a little longer. 

But Harry Potter wasn't the only child in the cottage - his older sister was upstairs in her bedroom, sleeping in her crib. 

Morana Potter - formerly known as Morana Black - spent most of her time in her bedroom, rarely ever toddling out to visit the rest of the house. She had the box bedroom at the back of the house, with fresh white walls, a single crib, and a chest of drawers. 

Many confused faces turned to the Potters, specifically Lily and James. Everyone thought they were rich and had plenty of money to waste on luxurious things - why did Morana have so very little while living with them?