Chapter Seven

(Chapter includes descriptions of abuse and suicide attempts)

"Your father is Lord Death?" It was the first thing that tumbled out of Abraxas's mouth when Morana approached, enduring the pointing fingers and whispers of speculation that followed her as soon as she re-entered the Great Hall.

Once again, the tables and benches had been replaced by a dozen couches.

"Yeah, he's the best," Morana smiled, more than happy to talk about her family; she was proud of her family. "You'll see how I meet them in the books."

Then she noticed Golden Trio and the rest of that bunch had moved too close for comfort, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation while glaring at Morana and her family. They were only a few couches behind them - that uneased Morana, who hated turning her back to her enemies. 

"Dumbledore kicked up a fuss when we tried to move them," Theodore said, noticing where his sister's eyes had strayed, feeling the atmosphere tense with her. "Said something about them not being dangerous and that no harm would come to anyone while we're here."

"Of course he did," Morana snorted derisively, eyeing the old bastard with flaming eyes of resentment as he spoke quietly with Fudge - no doubt bribing him or preparing another ruthless plan. "They're his eyes and ears, no doubt. They'll be watching us."

"Then let them," Draco waved his hand in a show of indifference, but the steely glint in his eyes proved he was just as aggravated with their presence as everyone else. "They hold no power over us, sister. And when the time comes, we'll tear them to pieces."

"Or we could use force," Blaise suggested with a bloodthirsty grin, his arm slung around Adolphus's shoulders.  "After the last month with Umbridge, I've been dying to let loose."

"Darling, the only thing you could let loose is your tongue," Adolphus snorted, amused.

"And you'd know all too well what this tongue can do, huh?" Blaise teased, kissing Adolphus's neck as blood rushed into Adolphus's cheeks. Morana scrunched her nose up, giving the couple a look that said, 'Really?'

"You two don't know how to stop, do you?" Saros sighed wearily at the couple. "Can we have one day without you two jumping into each other's pants, please? I'll do anything! I haven't slept in three days because of you!"

"The full moon's next week!" Adolphus protested, embarrassed as he buried his face in Blaise's neck. "I'm always horny around the full moon, okay!"

"So you come from a family of Gods?" Marvolo asked, returning to the subject at hand.

"No, they're First Borns."

Many eyes blinked at her stupidly, conveying that Morana had said something that flew over their heads. How were they supposed to know what that meant? Should they know about this? Was that slither of truthful information hidden in the depths of a religion?

"Explain, please," Abraxas requested. 

Morana hummed with pursed lips, wondering how she could explain it without confusing them more than they already were. "Hm, have you ever wondered how the world began? How people came to exist? Well, they're the ones responsible for that. They're the first beings to exist, created by my grandmother - The First Mother."