Struck with a Tragic Fate

The gods want you to weep!
Don't be surprised, dear. It's their cruelty speaking.

The gods want you to laugh!
Rejoice! The immortals are benevolent beings.

The gods want to conquer!
The gods want to take!

There's no shock, it's also in human nature.

The nine Muses of Apollo are always known to love the heroes.

They write poems about them, they sing songs dedicated to their bravery, they write books to tell the readers of their lives and they inspire others to do the same.

Calliope, the muse of epic poetry is always fascinated.

New words, lines of alliteration, compatibility of life and dead, rhymes, repetition, assonance, so many details flood her mind.

It's surprising how such elaborate poetic devices can also fail to serve the purpose of this coming story. Calliope can feel it, sense it, the many paths that lay ahead can do nothing less than changing the whole course of history and the gods.

It's scarily beautiful and astounding to her, how history is changing. (Calliope does not care if it's for the better or the worse.)

Clio, the muse of history is in a state of deeper conflicts. It is difficult for her to let go of the originally known lane of events and be ready to witness a whole new world of the past.

She always welcomes change into everyone's life. That open mindedness is what let's people color pages of history in blood and gold. But it's also what gives humans the freedom to ruin their own lives with a splatter of ink and tears.

That is exactly why, she feels her heart sink with every thought of these turning events.

She believes that maybe she'll get to know the definition of nostalgia in a completely different way now.

Old history is going to be replaced now.

Erato, the muse of lyric poetry and love poetry is just waiting and waiting.

She is always left longing. Her expectations for love are never met. All she inspires is a colorful pallet for a grey togetherness.

It's her misery, she sometimes thinks.

(Poets around the world are inspired to write and sing and speak about the relationship of life and sorrow and tears and misery.)

Euterpe the muse of music is always grumbling about something.

The other muses expect her to inspire songs of love, fate, tragedy, beauty, scars, laughs, cries and everything and nothing all together.

Euterpe is tired. So, this time she does not care at all; history is inspiring her, and the changes are provided a solemn mood. This time she will smile, and she will sing of emptiness.

(Her loud thoughts need the change of tides.)

Melpomene, the muse of tragedy is really happy.

Ironic? Maybe, but Melpomene does not think much of that.

She is lost in the possibilities of the past and future, and she is absent in the present. She is envious, always wishing to see the impact of tragedy somewhere. And now; and now she had been handled a treasure.

The muse of tragedy will look into the changing past and stare down with dark eyes as people cry because even in their brokenness, all they observe is that sadness can also be beautiful in a weird way.

At least, that's what she had learned long ago.

Polyhymnia, the muse of sacred poetry is very opinionated.

There is not much that would change for her.

The gods of the past will act like gods of the past, loud and proud.

Their heroes are going to the age of worshippers, where everything was at the mercy of the gods. If they wished, one would die, one would live and one would be immortal. Alas, gods were not even that merciful.

If left to the immortals, one would cry, one would beg, one would pray and three will die.

(She didn't know if the heroes would be able to change this for the betterment of all.)

Terpsichore, the muse of dance is cheerful and bright.

She is laughing and there are tears spilling from her eyes which she does not care to wipe off her face as she dances to a soft tune.

There are not many new dance forms she can think of. But a repetition of steps is carrying her feet without her contest.

It's an old song, one she had almost forgot. (Afterall, there's nothing to make a Song about but kings.)

It was a vision. In her dream, she was dancing as swords clashed and sparks lit, and a new kingdom rose.

Thalia, the muse of comedy was not in the mood.

And of course, she was not. Who would be happy when the Fates decided that the life of a hero was their medium of entertainment (comedy)?

Perseus had tragedy clinging to his bones, flowing through his body like a life-giving force. Sending him to the past, only to witness his antiques and categories them as entertainment would be the greatest comedy of all.

Afterall, all muses could feel it.

This was not any theater act. No, this was completely changing the course of history, destroying time, rewriting epics, composing new songs, shedding new blood, finding a kingdom from dust, empowering beauty and repressing tragedy.

This act had no comedic purpose. They have sent the destroyer to do this along with the other heroes of the present.

Urania, the muse of astronomy was really starting to doubt the power of stars as the three Fates decided to play with the timeline.

She had not seen this coming

It angered her to no end, but alas, she was powerless here. Just a muse, inspired to inspire others.

They said, for someone as beautiful as him in ancient Greece, mortals would've gone on war.

(Percy Jackson brings out something ancient in the gods. The lingering eyes of the immortals would've been stuck on only him if he were born back then.)

The gods laughed and scoffed at the mortals. They mocked them because they believed war would win them Perseus.

Percy Jackson! Perseus of Aristo!

The gods were enchanted by him! Why? Oh, why would the selfish gods bless humans with victory for a prize they wanted to have?

*

Vote and comment.