Family and friendship

Court Jesters

I type my emotions on to these electric impulses.
Hiding in this space
Vomiting my reality vitriolicly into your brain.
Violently ripping the emotional carpet out for future renovations to your entertainment.
Word smithing my desire to wrap around your loins.
Use the crudeness of language to tie up your libido.
Swallowing the sunsets to project a vision behind your eyes.
Bleed out in the depths of despair to empathize with you.

The audacity to have thought myself brave.
its not real. My belief. My bravery.
What fear is there in the digital company of strangers to overcome?
What risk of loss do I face? Of face?
No sword of Damocles hangs over me
No Dionysius to pander to.
We are all courtiers here.

It was only a matter of time before Kymopoleia would have to face her father's wrath, and she knew it.

Her mortal brother had managed to work his way into the hearts of everyone and the gods were nothing if not protective and raging.

She was full if disbelief before, but now she knew. The demigod was a spitting image of Poseidon, of course everyone would love him. Hestia must have had a hand in this, she thought. It was the perfect opportunity for the goddess to bind the family together as one.

An opportunity: indeed, the perfect example of what a god should be with just the right hint of care and vulnerability, because that was what Perseus was.

Weak, others would call these qualities, but the man managed to make them look enchanting.

Kymopoleia was envious of her brother.

He was a master of destructive powers, as good as a mortal could become and yet he was not feared, only praised and loved.

Kymopoleia half expected a prince to come from far away to join hands with the king of Aristo in peace but in a matter of a single gaze fall in love with the demigod.

Another Helen. Another Paris. Another Troy.

Too bad her brother's fatal flaw was loyalty.

He was sitting by the large window overlooking the sea, a calm and almost peaceful expression on his face with a small smile gracing his lips.

"Seus!" Berenice called.

Percy looked back to see her sitting with Kallias. The crown prince was trying and failing to braid her hair.

The sight of them elected a laugh out of him. Shaking his head, he got up from his place to sit on the bed by their side.

He took the comb from Kallias and gently started to untangle Berenice's golden hair.

The princess was grinning and shot her husband a teasing look. "You are not kind to me." Kallias grumbled. Then, laughed with his partners.

The goddess almost felt bad.

"You know why I have called for you." The god boomed.

"Father," she bowed. "I understand now that my actions could have had dangerous outcomes."

Poseidon grunted in agreement, but his expression did not change; one that promised death of an immortal.

"My intention was not wrong, my lord. Your son had used his powers unconsciously and it cast a heavy toll upon his soul."

She was careful with what she said, your son. The god needed to let of of his love for the mortal or it would only cause him pain and the world would pay the price.

"I was worried, it took away my ability to ponder on my impulsive decision. I apologize for that, my lord." She finally looked up, "A god of healing was the only help I could get."

When Poseidon still does not say anything, she continued. "I will hate it if this happens again. Allow me to redeem, father dear, I will teach Perseus more about his powers, so such an accident should never occur again."

The sea god narrowed his eyes at her, searching for something. The water around them was freezing, such was the coldness inside Poseidon's heart.

"Fine."

Kymopoleia tried to hide her relief.

"Kymopoleia, I shall warn you. If any harm befalls in your watch then-"

She did not let him complete the threat and bowed low, "My Lord Father, he is my brother too. I love him dearly."

And it was the truth, she loved the mortal who could harness the power of the sea and the storms, but it was also true that she was lonely.

Two beings born of monsterity, yet only one was loved.

Kymopoleia was selfish. Her flaw was like the sea who consumed all and everything, and with the ichor of destruction in her veins, it would be no good.

"Leave here." Poseidon commanded.

The daughter bowed her head once more and disappeared in swirl of mist and bubbles.

Kallias blocked and twisted around, barely dodging the attack.

He was breathing heavy, and his hair stuck to his forehead with sweat. His husband though, was having the time of his life.

Perseus grinned and used the moment's distraction. To Kallias' further surprise, he dropped his shield. Kallias took a defensive position but that was the wrong thing to do.

Against the strength of a demigod, he could not stand. It was before half a minute and Perseus had him pinned to the ground with his sword to his neck and Kallias' clutched in his other hand.

And to think he did all this with an unbalanced sword.

Kallias carefully removed the point of the weapon away from his neck. "You win." He mock glared. "Again."

Perseus cupped his face. Brushing away the sweaty hair from his face, he gave him a tender look. A few seconds later he asked him, "What if we teach Berenice how to fight?"

Kallias leaned into his touch. "I thought about that too. Father would have my head."

"He would not."

Kallias looked him in the eyes, "He would not." He agreed. "We'll keep it a secret."

"Yes." Then, "I love you."

Foreheads touching, Kallias repeated the promise. "I love you too."

Invisible, but watching, Kymopoleia smiled. Oh, she would have the perfect opportunity.

Tomorrow, she would return with a blessing at the tip of her tongue and a wicked sword in her hand. Or maybe, a trident