Families Can Come to Haunt

Evil creature you are clueless
Why drink shed tears of the innocent?
Should be the one hit by Tsunami
Living skeleton should be you
Demonic creature you have no idea
Why drink the blood of the innocent?
Should be the one swallowed by earth
Living skeleton should be you
Take a look around the dead world
Take a ten seconds trip to hell
Maybe you could be human again
If not Mighty Lord might strike soon
Toss you down to people's feet
And you will taste your own medicine.

*The Book of End of Times
Young Church Poetry

The man came running in, his eyes wide and chest heaving. His hands were shaking, and a sheen of sweat coated his skin. He looked tired. He also looked panicked.

The people present in the courtroom quieted, an eeriness had washed over the happy mood of the air.

The man took many deep breaths before standing a little straighter. "My king!" He addressed Alexo with a loud voice. "I am Sito," a flicker of recognition passed the king's face. "My brothers were killed before the last sunset, and I've survived to deliver you, their message!"

"Speak now!" One of the court men shouted.

"The prince of Lipsana was murdered!"

Gasps were heard and murmured questions were being spoken.

"They blame Ariston!" The man did not use any title with the name of Agatha's guests and pointed an accusing finger at the said man who sat on one of the more decorative thrones on the king's sides.

"He has fled here after killing the son of Lipsana! The greedy man could not bear witness his kingdom fall so he let other get on their knees with him!" His voice was enraged as the lone survivor kept on bashing Ariston.

It did not matter that guards had their swords leveled at his neck. Like a madman, he kept yelling. "Agatha will suffer if she continues to give refuge to this monster!"

"Take him away!"

"Guards!"

"They are ready for war!" He yelled in a hoarse voice. "But our men do not have to die!"

Grabbed brutally by his arms, the man was dragged out of the courtroom. "Save us, my king! Save us please!

The gates shut behind him but not before he uttered in a broken voice, "My brothers gave their life for you Alexo! Respect their sacrifice! Save us!"

Save us!

Tension was thick in the air.

Everyone sat in silence as the dreaded needs sunk deep into their bones.

A minister stood up, "Our relationship with Lipsana had always been peaceful ablit a bit strained." He said and many nodded in agreement.

"It is important to have an ally. At the same time, it is necessary to not gain an enemy. War never gives birth to good. I suggest we must try to talk with them and come to an agreement, a truce."

Wise words do differ with the reality sometimes.

"We will be delusional to think that this will settle with a truce! Their heir was murdered by Ariston! They will not rest!"

"But we should try-"

"We should be prepared for the worse. No one can predict the future, but we can save ourselves with some planning."

"I say we kick out the Aristons!"

"Yes!"

"Give them Aristo!"

The man they shouted about remained quiet, only looking at King Alexo in a silent appeal to quiet the court.

"This is enough!"

"Your majesty, he-" One tried to speak.

"Did you not hear what I said." The king demanded. The man fell silent.

"We are not surrendering, and we are not going at war!" He declared. "Lord Ariston is our guest and our in-laws! He will be respected in my courtroom!"

Someone at the back out the court took their chance to speak up, "My king," he spoke gently. "The spy... his brothers died. They sacrificed their life so this news could reach us on time."

"I understand-" The king started.

"Do you, my lord?" The question was again spoken gently. "We saw the state that man was in. Imagine how wounded he must be by his brothers' deaths and yet he served his king first. His loyalty is absolute!"

Everyone seemed to agree with the man.

"Do you value the snake like men who bring new enemies over loyalty? Would you really worship a guest than keep your kingdom safe?" He questioned, his tone was light, and it made his words all the more impactful.

"We have had no enemies since the days of your grandfather! I have severd with your father to know that and I've served you since you were a child. My friend's son, you only want what is good for the people. Do not let deceiving men blind you!"

"Your people comes first!"

Save us!

"My friend, do you have anything to say?"

Ariston's face twisted, "You let them accuse me and then ask my opinion? I have nothing to offer you but my loyalty."

"My friend-"

"My land was drowned. My people had no home. I had nothing! Why in the gods name would I bring war with me when I only needed help for the safety off my people."

Alexo sighed. "I know, and I'm sorry for sparing any thoughts of doubt."

"I trust you to have my family's back, my friend."

Trust.

Who murdered the prince of Lipsana?