Emotions we can't win over

Your shadows still keep me company
as your leave was so sudden
so brutal, very sullen
So I seek comfort in what resonates between these stalls
for no matter how much I shake my head
still astonishing
The fact that you stayed
still meant nothing
you knew how I was built
Yet persistently kept on flooding my land
to only be forgotten, deserted, and weak
You buried my existence in roses
Yet
Your roses slaughtered me
Engraved me in deep sleep
as I fight to rest on our memories and what I held dear
I try to talk to these figures that lay beside me
but their language seems difficult for meIt smothers me
I know you probably loved me
but the way you move from one to another
will for eternity taunt me
I wish your heart finds comfort
when my guilt finds you
I cared too much to loath you
I held you too deep to outlive you
I loved you.
By: Hazel

Percy groaned as light hit his eyes. He turned to the other side and brought the blanket up to cover his face.

A laugh stole his sleep.

"Perseus!" He said cheerfully, his voice full of mirth.

"What?" Percy asked, one eye open. He wanted to be angry, but he knew he sounded amused.

Ruthlessly, the blanket was yanked away from his reach. "No!"

Kallias walked to sit by the bedside. He bends down to press a soft kiss on his forehead, "Wake up love, it had been days since I saw you smile." Those words had been wrongly chosen. The light mood disappeared quickly, and Kallias' face morphed into an expression of sadness and guilt. "I'm sorry."

Percy turned to look at him, propping on an elbow. He brushed the strand of hair behind Kallias' ear and caressed a thumb over his jaw. "There's nothing for you to be-"

"No, Seus. Stop." The prince pulled back; his expression pinched --hurt. He took his hands between his, keeping his focused on their hands he said, "I forgot about you." The raw words broke something in both their hearts.

"I never stopped thinking. I was so lost with how everything changed, so- so suddenly and with Berenice." He paused. "I thought how it must have made you feel, but I did not return to you."

Kallias gave him a sad smile, "I was afraid to face my best friend."

Percy kissed him, he tasted like something sweet. "I'm sorry."

He accepted the apology this time. They breathed together, their foreheads touching. Then, Kallias climbed on the bed, his knees on either of his sides.

They met in the middle in an open-mouthed kiss, both breathing heavily. If Percy concentrated enough, he could feel the thrum of Kallias' heartbeat in his ears.

Kallias' hands moved to the back of his neck. He fisted his hair, pulling lightly and Percy found his hand wrap around his waist. He pulled the prince closer.

"Perseus..." He bit his lip, and trailed lower, kissing his cheek, his jaw and down his neck.

"I love you."

"I'm sorry."

"Berenice would like to meet you." Kallias told him, his finger curling around a strand of raven black hair.

Confusion wrapped over the peaceful expression. "Oh."

He chuckled, "Yes. I do not know what you did, but she had grown fiercely protective of you."

"I didn't do anything." Perseus swore.

"Hmmm." Kallias could not look away from his eyes, they were so bright and so green. He could drown any moment now. "She refused to look at me when we found out you were not well. She knew as much I was avoiding you."

Perseus' finger traced various random patterns on his bare back, and he did not say anything.

"I promise you, that will not happen again."

Kallias waited for a reply and Perseus smiled. He shifted closer to him and pressed a soft kiss on his forehead. "Okay."

Kallias beamed in return. Then, his eyes drifted over his shoulder where he caught something almost glowing in the sunlight. "What's that?" He questioned.

"What?" But Perseus was still looking at him.

Laughing, Kallias rolled over to pick up the white laurels sitting on the bedside. It was not there before, or was it?

He held them like they were delicate, even when he knew that anything divine was beyond something a mortal can destroy. "White laurels," He whispered, awe struck. "The symbol of Lord Apollo."

Kallias noticed Perseus looking at the omen with narrowed eyes. He took his hand in his and kissed his knuckles. "Love, the god of healing has blessed you."

He put the crown made of an Olympian's blessing top his head. Kallias smiled, his eyes taking in his husband's features, trying to engrave the image into his memory. "Look at you."

Perseus still looked suspicious. Kallias cupped his jaw, "You have the right to feel wary after everything, but this is a different age when mortals are chosen to be a god's favorite. After that, those are never truly alone."

Perseus leaned into his touch, "That is what I'm afraid of."

Like in a trance, Perseus brought his other hand up, as if to brush his hair out of his face. His touch lingered and his eyes focused again. His husband blinked, like just now he returned to reality.

"Where did you go?"

"The Sun Palace."

"Was everything golden?" He asked.

"No."

Far away, Apollo laughed, looking at the reality unfold.

The sun shone brighter.

*

Under the sea, Poseidon stood up, angered beyond measure to know his daughter had let a sky god near his son.

He raised his trident and on his command, the nature bowed. Storm clouds slid over the blue sky like curtains to prevent the sunrays from reaching the palace of Aristo. The Sun god was not allowed to watch his demigod son.

*

Vote and comment!

Leave a review. I welcome constructive critisism.

*

New chapter updates every week <3