02. Idiot

Jazz and Vance finally arrived home from a long drive of Vance going on and on about why you should never help Finney Blake and if you did he spoke about the consequences that came along with it.

"Oh My God, yes, Vance I get it" Jazz groaned throwing her head back against the head rest. "Can we just go inside now? Please?"

Vance let out sigh turning off the car and unlocking the doors.

Jazzmon got out of the car walking to the front step and opening the door ready to get to bed until someone stopped her.

"Jazzy Jazz is that you?" Her father voice rang through the house.

Jazzmon sucked in a breath, her eyes darting over to Vance who looked just as scared as she was. Taking his opportunity, Vance darted up the stairs sending her a sorry look.

"Yeah, dad its me" She sighed in a happier tone, dropping her bag to the ground.

"Come in here sweetie. I wanna have a word with you"

Jazz slowly made her way to the kitchen, chewing nervously on her nails.

"I thought you weren't gonna be home till late tonight" She spoke carefully as she leaned herself against the door frame, bringing her arms to cross over her chest.

"Oh I got let off early" He smiled twisting the cap off his beer taking a sip. Jazzmon began to slowly edge herself out of the kitchen when he opened his mouth again.

"I got a call from Wendy." Her father started Jazz stopping in her tracks. Her body immediately tensed, her eyes squeezed shut, nervouse butterflies erupted in her stomach as her palms grew sweaty.

"Says you messed up her kid pretty bad" He slurred off wobbling onto his feet. "Is that true?"

"No" She spoke quetly not facing him.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN YOU SPEAK" He yelled slamming his fist on the table.

Jazz slowly turned to face the angry man.

"No"

There was a moment of silence, till he slammed his cup down on the table making Jazz jump.

"I didn't do anything" The girl spoke more sternly, her voice shaking the tiniest bit, straightening her posture in attempts to make her seem taller.

"Don't you dare lie to me" His voice unsettlingly calm.

"I-I'm not"

"Do you have ANY IDEA HOW THAT MAKES ME LOOK!?" He shouted, the back of his hand connected with Jazzmon's cheek, resulting in Jazzmon landing harshly on the ground, knocking over a vase in the processs.

"THE FATHER WHO CAN'T CONTROL HIS OWN KID!" He yelled as

Jazz just sat on the ground in silence not daring to say a word.

"Now clean this shit up" He slurred waving around his hand gesturing to the broken glass on the ground before grabbing his coat and slaming the front door.

Jazzmon moved herself over to the glass of the ground picking up the tiny pieces that had been shattered as tears stung her cheek as they slipped from the brim of her eyes. A creek came from the stairs casing Jazzmon to look up and see Vance standing at the bottom step, his hand resting at the top of the last railing stem.

"Do you uh-um you need any help" He said in some awkward tone not knowing what to say after these kinds of fights.

"No I'm uh- I'm good. Thanks" She smiled.

"Ok, I'll um just be upstairs" He cleared his throat walking to his room.

"Okay" Jazzmon nodded.

Once Jazz was finished she put the glass in the garbage, Then taking it outside to the curb and heading up to her room.