𝟒𝟔| 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩

I snapped out of my dream, pulling the blanket off me, and letting it fall out of the bed. My body was shaking, and I was afraid to open the tired eyelids I had been pressing together since the previous horror. I took a few shaky breaths but still couldn't get rid of the sickening feeling in my chest.

"Ria," the voice I now needed to hear the most, called me, making the heavy burden fall from my shoulders, freeing me. It was just a dream, I reassured myself. Without making sure the person saying my name was real, I threw myself into their open arms. "Did you have a bad dream?" Leo asked as I calmed down by inhaling his scent. Nightmare? It was a night of terror. And it seemed so real to me. "It's okay Ria. Everything is fine," he reassured me, and I let him caress me like a small child. It only took a few seconds in his tight embrace to make me feel better. I realized what kind of effect he had on me. My heartbeat slowed down a bit, making me no longer captured by the horrifying feelings of guilt and loss. But only for a moment, I feel truly safe and free. Misery and pain from the words my father had said reappeared again. I couldn't get rid of Lucifer's voice. He kept telling me what kind of daughter I was, that I had betrayed both parents and...

"Otto?" Leo interrupted my thoughts. I finally decided to open my eyes and noticed my friend opening the freezer in the kitchen only in boxers.

"Jesus, am I interrupting something?" Otto paused, his eyes wildly jumping from Leo to me. I realized I was still pressing my body against Leo's hot chest.

"Eh, no," I blurted out, completely derailed from my friend's amused gaze. I sat down quickly and moved to my half of the bed.

"I'll just take the ice cream, feel free to continue the thing you were doing before..., whatever it was," Otto said, pulling a large package of chocolate ice cream from the freezer.

"We didn't do anything," Leo snapped. "And I don't remember buying ice cream."

"It's because you didn't buy it," Otto said back. "I bought it – so I'll eat it too. Except Ria would like some too, then I'd like to share it with my friend." He gave me a long, questioning look.

"Are you implying that I'm not your friend, is that so?" Leo rejoined the debate. "Good to know, I'll remember it for later when your ass will need to be saved," he said sharply.

"That's enough! Both of you shut up!" I didn't like the fact that they barked at each other like two rabid dogs. And then I remembered. "What time is it?"

"Half past ten," Otto and Leo replied at once.

"Oh, already? I have to-" I exclaimed without thinking.

"You have to, what?" Leo asked curiously.

"I have to... go to the bathroom," I lied as my gaze rested on the plastic container. "And I'll stop by your room later, Otto, ice cream sounds like a good idea," I smiled sweetly. He was obviously pleased that I had decided to keep him company and for once do something like normal adolescents.

 He was obviously pleased that I had decided to keep him company and for once do something like normal adolescents

"Finally," Otto said as soon as I rolled into his room, "I was already afraid that Mr. Serious Mafia had sucked all your sense for fun." I laughed falsely and locked the room without him noticing. There was no space for small talk.

"I'm sorry, Otto, but now is not the right time for fun," I said, walking over to him. He sat on the bed, holding ice cream in his hands.

"Oh, slow down, Ria. Don't take it personally, but you're not my type," said Otto as I leaned over closer to him. He tried to push me away with his hands, touching my chest. "Um, but your breasts are pretty good," he admitted, squeezing them gently. The smile on his face disappeared as soon as our eyes met.

"Wilder, we'll talk about this later, when you wake up. And trust me, you want to wake up, don't you?!" I said, watching Otto taking his hands from my body.

"But I'm not going to sleep now," he said confused.

"That's what you think," I replied, injecting a liquid sleeping pill into his neck without any hesitation.

"W-what are you doing, uh!" He tried to stop me, but I was quicker. "Leo-" My hand covered Otto's mouth as he was trying to yell at Leo. The substance finally worked, making my friend's head fall directly on the pillow, with his stiff hands holding ice cream. I felt terrible. What kind of friend am I? Now I don't even let Otto eat his ice cream in peace. I always find a way to ruin something for him, no matter what it is. We used to do things like this, together. I closed my eyes for a second. I need to get my shit together. With that sentence engraved in my mind, I bent down pulling a gun from under the bed. Leo was not happy that I put it there. But I had to do it. I wouldn't sleep if I knew that Otto had nothing to defend himself with.

Out of the closet, I pulled out a backpack with my things, which I prepared earlier. I knew I wouldn't be able to use the main door as my way out, because Leo had a direct view at the door, and I didn't want to risk that he will be the first to know about my night trip.

I changed my clothes, put on my jacket, and opened the window. Right before that I grabbed a blanket and covered Otto with it. I smiled. What a sleeping pile of cuteness. Otto is really cute...when he's not talking and doing anything.

I stepped on the windowsill of Otto's room and stoically stared into the darkness. Not because I was rethinking my idea – no one and nothing could stop me. It was because I hadn't felt this way for a long time. The night was surprisingly calm. There weren't many cars in the motel's neighborhood. Some of them just rushed by or were replaced by groups of young people. I envied them the freedom my father had deprived me of. Oh, the things I was I willing to do, just to be able to dance again at a party like normal girls do, instead of burying dead bodies in the woods... Phew, I'm pathetic. I'm just complaining again, I pushed my thoughts away with anger that couldn't be hidden. I should be glad I'm still alive after all.

I dug my teeth into the inner side of my gums and looked closely at the two girls walking next to the two boys. One girl stopped and said something to one of the boys. He laughed, hugged her and they kissed. Something in my chest stung me like a bee, and my fingertips tightened, but it wasn't because of the cold evening breeze. Will I ever be able to find a love like this? Maybe not me. But Otto...he could do that. He's the one who will survive this mess, and I will probably die some horrible death.

I clenched my jaw and jumped into the darkness before my worries could grow like the flowers of evil in a paradise garden. As soon as I felt the hard concrete under my hands, I made the roll forward. I stood up from the cat's position and brushed my hands. The surroundings were quiet again.

I started running. At first, I chose a moderate pace, but gradually I added the intensity. The wind whipped me mercilessly in the face, punishing me for all the sins I had committed. Can man achieve the peace and tranquility one so desires with his suffering? I don't think so. Not even my blood could bring someone from the grave back among the living.

The GPS on my mobile guided me in the right direction. The nervousness hit me because I was almost at the place where I was supposed to meet my "friend". Gosh, I'm so stupid. What if it's a trap? What if I'm really going to die now? Who will then save my mom and take care of Otto? What will happen to Leo?

I checked the time and calmed down thanks to the fact that still had a few minutes until midnight. Well, I guess we'll see.

 Well, I guess we'll see